We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Hotel advice

Greensboro, North...
reviews: 4
Help! Hotel advice

My family and I are traveling to Italy in June and planning on spending a couple of days in Elba. I am so confused as to where to stay. We want the sandy, clear blue water experience with an opportunity to do some snorkeling,kayaking etc. Not too touristy but in proximity to restaurants and things to do at night. We have reservations at Hotel lilio but the reviews have me a little worried. Any hotel suggestions? Hotel Biodola did not have accommodations for our dates. Though about Hotel Montemerlo. I'm in a vicious cycle of indecision! Help!

Thank you in advance!

1 reply
Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
reviews: 235
1. Re: Help! Hotel advice

Hi,

June is not a too touristy so you have a wider choice.

Around Hotel La Biodola there are other hotels and the beach is very nice but not much to do in the evening.

Nice places in the evening are Marina di Campo, Capoliveri ( on a hill top ) Marciana Marina ( but no sandy beach ) . Other nice sandy beaches are Lacona, Procchio, Naregno.If you have a car, from Naregno you can go to Capoliveri or Portoazzurro in the evening. Fetovaia and Cavoli are other places with lovely water and sandy beaches. From there you can get to Marina di Campo in the evening.

I have no direct experience with hotels so I hope someone with experience will come in.

Bye :)

Edited: 6:32 pm, April 18, 2014
Reply to: Help! Hotel advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted