We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries 2014

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
reviews: 235
Ferries 2014

The following ferry companies have opened the summer booking:

www.toremar.it

www.moby.it

www.blunavy.com

Corsica/Elba usually open in April - as soon as I have news I'll let you know :)

14 replies to this topic
Montreal
reviews: 12
1. Re: Ferries 2014

Thank you for posting this. I will be visiting the Island of Elba in mid-July. Unfortunately we do need to arrive on a Saturday via Ferry Piombino to Portoferraio. My question is regarding wait times. I know the ride takes roughly 1 hour - but what about getting on and off the ferry. Since this is high season will it be a problem? Also when reserving tickets is it for crossing at a specific hour? Just wondering how far ahead the departure time should we arrive?

Thanks for any assistance!

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
2. Re: Ferries 2014

Hi!

Yes, the tickets are for specific times and the companies say you must arrive 90min before - like for flights.

However if you book with Toremar or Moby ( they belong to same company ) and get there before your ferry time and there is room on an earlier crossing they'll let you get on. You can board a Moby ferry even if you have a Toremar ticket and viceversa. Probably Elbaferries will let you get on an earlier crossing too but there is more time between the crossings.

Getting on and off doesn't take much time: 10/15 min.

Bye :)

Edited: 6:48 pm, March 24, 2014
Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
3. Re: Ferries 2014

Elba Ferries has opened the booking for summer 2014 crossings. The crossings will start on 6th June.

http://www.elbaferries.com/

Assisi
reviews: 9
4. Re: Ferries 2014

see on www.traghettilines.it .... there are all the traghettis!!

Edited: 6:57 pm, March 24, 2014
Montreal
reviews: 12
5. Re: Ferries 2014

Thank you very much for the response. I am planning on booking with Corsica since they have the express ferry - although more expensive, I thought it would be good to save some time. If anyone has experience with them would love to know.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
6. Re: Ferries 2014

They offer a good service, more or less like the other ferry companies.

Enjoy your stay!

West Palm Beach...
7. Re: Ferries 2014

Do the ferries still run in early November?

West Palm Beach...
8. Re: Ferries 2014

Do the ferries still run in early November?

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
9. Re: Ferries 2014

Hi Morganchristine!

I' not sure Corsica/Elba ferries and Blunavy will ( you can see on their web page putting in your dates ) but Toremar and Mobylines run all the year round even if with less frequency than in July, August.

Edited: 1:30 pm, June 09, 2014
West Yorkshire
reviews: 8
10. Re: Ferries 2014

Hello,

We are going to Elba next Wednesday for 3 nights (really looking forward to it!) - can we buy ferry tickets when we arrive at Piombino instead of booking in advance? If so where can we do this? We are not sure what time we will arrive at Piombino which is why we haven't booked tickets yet.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to: Ferries 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted