We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help.x

Which Elba Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 6
Hotel Help.x

Hi Guys

I am visiting elba for 3 days for a special occasion and even after reading many reviews, I just can't choose between the following hotels. Pls help :-)

They are:

Hotel Del Golfo

Hotel Biodola

Hotel Belmare

Hotel Montemerlo

Hotel Barsalini.

Any advice on what area is preferable and any further comments on these hotels would be helpful. We are hoping to get a car for the duration so we can explore.

Thanks in advance.x

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
reviews: 214
1. Re: Hotel Help.x

Hi!

They are all nice hotels.

The first two are on a lovely sandy beach looking north. They aren't in a village.

Hotel Belmare is in a nice village with shops, restaurants etc but the two beaches are small and of pebbles and stones.

Hotel Montemerlo is near Fetovaia, group of houses. Fetovaia has a nice sandy beach and water. It's on the south coast. The beach is very crowded in August.

Hotel Barsalini is in Sant'Andrea a very small village rather out of the touristy part of the island. There" s a small sandy beach, lots of smooth rocks and lovely water.

A car will be very useful for getting around.

Bye :)

Edited: 5:34 pm, May 03, 2013
London
2. Re: Hotel Help.x

Thanks so much for your reply, Ive read and re-read all the reviews and am finding it difficult to make a decision but I just have to decide :-)

Your info will help .x

London
3. Re: Hotel Help.x

All booked, decided on biodola :-) Thanks again.x No doubt I will have some more questions soon!

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
4. Re: Hotel Help.x

It's a very nice hotel with a lovely beach.

Don't miss the nearby beach of Scaglieri and the lovely little beach of Forno. You can get there partially along the beach and partially along a path among the houses.

Enjoy your stay and come back if you need further info.

Bye :)

London
5. Re: Hotel Help.x

Thanks for all your help, the trip was lovely :-)

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
6. Re: Hotel Help.x

Glad you enjoyed your holiday!

Thanks for coming back :)

7. Re: Hotel Help.x

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 09, 2014