We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction at beaches boscabel

Which Boscobel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Construction at beaches boscabel

The family is going to beaches boscabel in July 2012 and a posting on this site showed pics on ongoing construction looks like they are building a new wing or something.Not really what I had in mind I am concerned that this my impact our vaca . Any suggestions on this matter do you think the resort would really inform me about any interruption I may encounter if I contacted them? Check the resort photos posted on this site. Thank you

13 replies to this topic
Rochester, NY
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
reviews: 50
1. Re: Construction at beaches boscabel

Do you have a TA? I would have them ask for you. We went to SGR last November, and I knew on facebook that the entire main lobby on the side we were staying on was closed. I messaged the Sandals chat person to find out what date it was planned to reopen, and she told me it wasn't closed. So, don't rely on the Beaches chat people.

However, if they are just building another building or something, it really may not be that disruptive. I'd have your TA investigate.

Acme, Pennsylvania...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Construction at beaches boscabel

I just contacted them. I am a bit upset Also. We are going July 8. They wouldn't change us to negril without paying an additional 2 k. I really don't want a vacation with jackhammers and sawing and a mess. So we are stuck. We did ask for a room on west. Construction going on east and center walkway and east in back.

Boston
reviews: 9
3. Re: Construction at beaches boscabel

We are going to be at Beaches Boscobel from July 10-17 and the news about major construction is a shocker to me. We are very concerned based on what we have read recently. I just emailed my TA to see when this will finish up. I know this type of work is planned well in advance and would have like to know before my final payment was made so I could look at my options.

We visited this resort in 2009 and loved it, but based on the small size of the place, I can see how the entire resort can be disrupted by major construction.

Philadelphia...
4. Re: Construction at beaches boscabel

We arrive on July 13 I just hope they do not mess with the pools and security is kept in check. The thought of const workers just wondering around concerns me nothing against the trades just want to relax on my patio without worrying about is that person a worker or did he just strol in. I have never been to Jamaica but I read about the crime and room thefts on trip advisor and now this heighten my paranoia. Maybe I should stop reading forums. If anybody gets info on this subject please post I am not a world traveler but this a verry big trip for the family

Boston
5. Re: Construction at beaches boscabel

I talked to my travel agen who said there is no construction going on at Beaches Boscobel. Yet another review says there is in fact construction. Someone is wrong here. I was really looking forward to this trip and I can usually deal with just about anything as I don't sweat the small stuff, but jack hammers and full construction would be a real test of my relaxed vacation attitude.

Can anyone confirm the construction?

Milford, Iowa
reviews: 6
6. Re: Construction at beaches boscabel

There is indeed construction taking place! I not only had clients just return from Beaches Boscobel but when I was speaking with the Sales Mgr. at the resort directly yesterday, I could clearly hear the noise in the background.

IB-travlin, unfortunately your trave agent probably called the reservations dept. and was told the same thing that others calling in or using the online chat are told which is wrong.

Scumm, there is no need to worry about the construction workers on property. But do be smart and do not leave valuables laying out. Use the safe in the room...that is what it is there for!

Best of luck to all!

IrieLady

Boston
7. Re: Construction at beaches boscabel

Thanks Irielady. We just talked to our TA and they will look at moving us to Beaches Negril. Hopefully it won't be another 2K. I'm pretty frustrated about paying basically full price to visit a resort that is under construction.

Acme, Pennsylvania...
reviews: 5
8. Re: Construction at beaches boscabel

We will see you there. Hopefully we have a wonderful week.

Boston
9. Re: Construction at beaches boscabel

did you pay the 2K for Negril?

Philadelphia...
10. Re: Construction at beaches boscabel

No I will not pay 2k for negel we chose ocho for its location to the attractions if they ruin my vaca I will fill every travel forum I can find. I saved up for this trip for two years this is the big family vaca.

Reply to: Construction at beaches boscabel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boscobel