We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Boscobel

Which Boscobel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, MO
reviews: 3
Beaches Boscobel

Curious what the Honeymoon Beach Suite looks like. Anyone have a picture? I don't really like the idea of a "shared" verandah with the Oceanfront Terrace rooms, so wondering if any rooms at Beaches Boscobel have private verandahs that are also beachfront.

Suffolk, Virginia
reviews: 24
1. Re: Beaches Boscobel

I was wondering the same thing! I am interested in the Honeymoon Beach Suite as well, and it looks like they are all ground floor rooms...I think? I don't like the idea of the shared balcony/walkway with the other room categories. I would love any info on this room type!

Corona, CA
reviews: 35
2. Re: Beaches Boscobel

I don't know if you have ever stayed at this resort, but we did 5 years ago (ignoring all the negative reviews), the honeymoon suite was old, outdated and you had to climb stairs to get to your room. This is why there is no picture on their website. We immediately requested a room change as we had an infant and I wasn't going to risk her falling down the stairs. The next room we were moved to was better, albeit a little dirty and my mom and dad's room was infested with bedbugs. I just wanted to heed the warning to you both that the resort is nothing like it is pictured. The staff are all lovely, friendly and accomodating. I just wish the resort matched the hospitality. As for food, I've had much better fare on cruise ships, but can't expect much from an all-inclusive. Outside the resort is very dangerous. We felt very uneasy the entire time. Best of luck to you if you do decide to go.

Fort Worth, Texas
3. Re: Beaches Boscobel

I think they do, Beaches has updated their site and added new pictures of these rooms. We are staying in that room this March. I am trying to ignore all the negative reviews and go and relax on our family vacation.

Whitestone, New York
4. Re: Beaches Boscobel

My family & I returned from a Beaches Boscobel/Ocho Rios vacation on September 1, 2012. We arrived Sunday, August 26. First off, our room was not the room we paid for. Management tried telling us that we were "upgraded" to free concierge service with the room they took us to. Little did we know the resort was not even half filled. Why? Probably because they were shutting it down the day we left to "beautify" the property. So we didn't need concierge service because you could walk into any restaurant (if it was operating) and see maybe 2 or 3 other families eating there and a bunch of empty tables. If I knew this before booking I would have never stayed here. The food was absolutely horrendous! The breakfast was half way decent. The omlet station was the best part, but how many days can you eat eggs??? And no Cheerios? Everyone loves Cheerios especially my family.

All the food from breakfast to late night snacks were cooked beyond well done. I guess they were clearing out the freezers and wanted to make sure no old meat would go uncooked so nobody could get sick. Seriously, the meats were terrible. There was always something not right at every meal. Blackened Tuna at the Arizona Restaurant looked like a well done brown pork chop. I took one bite and spit it right out! Should have known not to take even 1 bite.

Our 2 young daughters (ages 1 1/2 & 3) barely ate. I did bring food from home just in case, glad I did that. Our older daughter (age 14) got sick on Tuesday and was afraid to eat anything the rest of the time we were there. She would eat boxed cereals and eggs, that was all from Wednesday on.We all became good friends with the toilet bowl.

The children's pool would just close whenever. Some days it would stay open until 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on what? I don't know. The same for the large pool.

We booked Breakfast with the Sesame Street characters for Wednesday, August 29th and were asked to do it on Friday, August 31st since we were the only family that signed up and paid for it. We said fine, Thursday night came and we saw that the restaurant where the breakfast was to be held was stripped of its tables and chairs. We called up to ask if the breakfast was relocated to another area and were told the breakfast was cancelled. I didn't tell my little ones about this breakfast for fear of this cancellation happening.

By Tuesday I had a "bad" feeling about this place. Everything just seemed to fall apart and things didn't seem on the up & up.

Construction workers were walking around on the premises from Wednesday on. This made me feel uncomfortable since I have 3 daughters.

The walk to the beach was unbearable especially when you have 2 small children. The elevator was not finished and we had to walk for about 10 minutes go in and out of buildings and go down 90 steps from our room to the beach level.

When you go on vacation it should be just that. This clearly wasn't. I can't tell anyone not to go to a Beaches resort for everyone has different expectations of what a vacation is and has different experiences.

Good Luck if you do go.

Rochester, NY
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
reviews: 59
5. Re: Beaches Boscobel

Now Beaches Ocho Rios, it is closed until 10/1 for renovations. I don't know what they include, but if the rooms are being redone, I would assume there aren't any pictures yet. I am planning to visit this resort in November while at Sandals. I won't be able to see any rooms, but I can let you know what I think of the renovations if that is early enough for you.

6. Re: Beaches Boscobel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, January 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Boscobel