We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arveyes and Chesieres

Which Villars-sur-Ollon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey, UK
Arveyes and Chesieres

We are hoping to spend Xmas/New Year in Villars and are unable to find reasonable self catering in Chesieres (where our friends are staying) or central Villars. Have found something in Arveyes but concerned about whether it is walkable ie level, well lit and gritted - don't fancy breaking a leg before hitting the slopes! We have an 11 year old and a 2 year old who I hope to send to the kindergarten a couple of hours a day. Ideally I would like to either walk or go by bus so I don't have to bring a pushchair. We would like to eat out in Villars a couple of evenings and be able to walk back or get a taxi if not too expensive. Have tried without success to find a map that includes these areas and residences such as Roches Grises and Domaine de la Residence. Would be most grateful for any info.

switzerland
1. Re: Arveyes and Chesieres

Arveyes is a bit out of Villars, but not too far. It is between Villars and Gryon. Once you're on the main Gryon-Villars road,it's a 10 minutes walk to the Villars station, from where the train goes up to Bretaye (main ski starting point). I don't know about buses, but there is a train stop on the main road at Arveyes (I don't think it runs more than twice an hour -- it's the Villars-Bex line). There is a good shuttle bus system in and around Villars, so you'd be able to be rather mobile. Arveyes has wonderful views of the Dents-du-Midi and the French Alps, and it's exposed to the South, so very sunny.

If you'd like to know more, you can email me at horekensj@un.org (I live in Switzerland and go up to Villars very often.)

Middlesbrough
reviews: 1
2. Re: Arveyes and Chesieres

We stayed in Gryon in May and visited villars on a number of occasions. The transport (train/tram) system is great. For accommodation try www.swiss-chalets.com We booked throught them and they have lots of accommodation in Gryon, barbelouzes and villars. Our chalet was great. Their website contains maps but not sure if they will be to the detail you require, however Jim ( the chap I dealt with) was excellent and gave me loads of info via Email within a day of asking.

Hope this helps and have a great time, we did.

Cheers Gill

Get answers to your questions about Villars-sur-Ollon