We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st or 2nd class train, geneva to Saas fee

Which Saas-Fee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
reviews: 1
1st or 2nd class train, geneva to Saas fee

We are travelling up to Saas Fee from Geneva airport and was wondering if anyone had been 1st class. I know the normal trains are very good , but we are taking granny and papa and wondered if it was worth upgrading for a treat

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 26
1. Re: 1st or 2nd class train, geneva to Saas fee

Hi ikins36,

Yes, I'm one who enjoys going first class when I can, though I haven't ever done this particular route. First class generally is less crowded and more quiet, and has fewer families. So for those reasons, granny and papa might enjoy first class!

Have fun!

s

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 40
2. Re: 1st or 2nd class train, geneva to Saas fee

Except that Saa Fee has not got a railway line you have to do the last part of the journey by bus from Visp. check out www.rail.ch for the online timetable which covers all forms of transport in Switzerland.

3. Re: 1st or 2nd class train, geneva to Saas fee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saas-Fee