We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are they the same?

Which Gruyeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 202
Are they the same?

I am visiting Ballenberg Open Air Museum in June. There is a cheese making demonstration there. Does anyone know if it shows us the same things as at Cheese factory beside train station of Gruyeres? Is it worth while to make a trip up to Gruyeres? I am also visiting Chateau de Chiliion. Appreciate your advice.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 164
1. Re: Are they the same?

Hi WoodlandsSingapore

Gruyères is much larger and they make a different kind of cheese. The main work is the same.

The little town up on the hill with the castle and the Gyger museum (ET) should be visited.

Château de Chillon is great. Take your time.

pore

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Are they the same?

I don't have time for both. So do you recommend I replace Chateau de Chillion with a day at Gruyeres? Which chateau is better for a first timer at any castle?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 164
3. Re: Are they the same?

Chillon is the best.

pore

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Are they the same?

Thank you, look like I will skip Gruyeres.

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 104
5. Re: Are they the same?

I would agree. I like Gruyeres, but if you only have time for one, then Chateau de Chillon is hard to beat.

6. Re: Are they the same?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, June 19, 2013