We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow in Switzerland - Anzere, Crans Montana, Nendaz

Which Crans-Montana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midlands
Snow in Switzerland - Anzere, Crans Montana, Nendaz

Hi, I am off skiing this weekend with the family and want to know what the skiing conditions are like. I have heard it has been raining in resorts ???

I am staying in Anzere, I don't know it, so any information would help me.

We have a car so would like to ski any other resorts close by that people can recommend

Thanks for your help

John

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
1. Re: Snow in Switzerland - Anzere, Crans Montana, Nendaz

Hi John

I rained high up a couple of days ago. Current forecast for the Valais is for sun and heat (20C) tomorrow, at 500m. Ski resorts therefore warm.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday it is supposed to snow down to 1200m. Maybe lower. Friday into Saturday, quite a lot of snow (15-20cm I suppose).

So the skiing this weekend will not be great. Either it will be slush from the heat we are having, or snowing in which case you will not see much! Sorry about this, but this is the forecast.

If you want to check a good forecast for the Valais, get on the site of the local paper - le Nouvelliste. Click on "météo" and you will get the most reliable, local forecast I know of!

Qatar
2. Re: Snow in Switzerland - Anzere, Crans Montana, Nendaz

Hello,

Have there been any avalanches at crans montana? Are the conditions for skiing end of this week good?

Thanks for your time.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
3. Re: Snow in Switzerland - Anzere, Crans Montana, Nendaz

Ski conditions up high are generally good. as for avalanches they happen all the time but not normally on the pistes as the pistes are mined should this look likely. Warning lights at the main lifts indicate the level of avalanche risk for the day.

Qatar
4. Re: Snow in Switzerland - Anzere, Crans Montana, Nendaz

Thank you for your reply. My daughter arrives in Crans Montana this weekend with her school. Am just anxious about her safety considering the weather conditions. Thank you again.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
5. Re: Snow in Switzerland - Anzere, Crans Montana, Nendaz

I understand - I worried about my daughter too, when she was far away!

Normally if there is serious danger of avalanche, the lifts are shut which is the easiest way of stopping people from going up the mountain. (Can't stop them entirely because they can skin up, but few do, and serious skiers well understand the dangers of avalacnhes)

Rain is forecast for Saturday and Sunday with snow down to 1000m or lower. Monday should be lovely. Looks like your daughter will have great ski conditions from then on.

6. Re: Snow in Switzerland - Anzere, Crans Montana, Nendaz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 30, 2010