We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zermatt (Brig) to Venice.

Which Brig hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 2
Zermatt (Brig) to Venice.

I want to travel to Venice from Zermatt. I'll be using one of the days on my Swiss Flexi Pass.

I understand the following: Zermatt -> Brig -> Venice (direct, or through Milan).

The question is:

(i)

Where should I buy the Brig --> Venice ticket and reservation, part of which will not be covered by my Swiss Flexi Pass?

(ii)

How exactly is the discount due to Swiss Pass taken into consideration? I.e., exactly which part of Brig->Venice is covered by the Swiss Pass.

Thanks.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
1. Re: Zermatt (Brig) to Venice.

You will need both a seat reservation from Brig to Venice AND a ticket from Domodossola to Venice. Swiss pass will cover you Zermatt to Domodossola.

There is ONE train per day that goes, without any changes needed, from Brig to Venice. Leaves Brig around 10am. IF you can take that it is great because changing in Milano Centrale is a pain... Trains tend to arrive late. And there are quite a few pickpockets etc. If you are on the through train you bypass all this. The train starts in Geneva. And you can get the schedule on www.sbb.ch/en

I suggest you reserve your seat as soon as possible. You can buy your ticket on line or when you are here...

New York
reviews: 2
2. Re: Zermatt (Brig) to Venice.

Thanks. I would really like to take THAT train (E37) which goes direct from Brig to Venice.

The big question is how exactly do I buy it? I leave in 2 days, so I don't think I can buy it online (it seems they need to physically ship the ticket).

I will be in Switzerland on 25th. Can I buy the ticket only from Brig? Or can I buy the ticket and reservation from Zurich airport too?

Many thanks.

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 40
3. Re: Zermatt (Brig) to Venice.

You can buy the ticket at any staffed railway station in Switzerland.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
4. Re: Zermatt (Brig) to Venice.

So - get it at ZRH airport station. Sooner the better as it is summer and this train is always popular!

5. Re: Zermatt (Brig) to Venice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 25, 2014