We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation around Schwabisch Hall

Which Schwabisch Hall hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greece
Accommodation around Schwabisch Hall

Hello!

I am traveling from Greece to Scandinavia by car and will make quite a few stops on the way. I have just finished planning the itinerary for Italy and Austria... In Germany, we will travel along the Alpine road to Fussen and Neuschwanstein, then onwards to Schwabisch Hall, Nuremberg and Dusseldorf (the latter as we have family to visit). These are more or less to be the stopovers in Germany, as we then continue to Copenhagen. However I am disheartened to see how difficult it is to find any accommodation in the Schwabisch Hall area that has a bit of character and offers a double room for under 80 euro per night. It is all rather pricey. I was hoping for lovely Ganerbenhaus in Vellberg, but it is all sold out. Does anyone know of any accommodation options nearby, which are on the inexpensive side, but still offer a bit of character?

Very specific question, hope to find someone who knows. Many thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 36
1. Re: Accommodation around Schwabisch Hall

That area is too close to our house to have stayed in hotels, but going to the town's websites should allow you access to hotel information. Vellberg is a lovely small walled town, and they have more than one hotel (www.vellberg.de). Staying in the heart of the Altstadt in Schwaebisch Hall would also be nice (www.schwaebischhall.de). As this area is in the Hohenlohe part of Baden-Wuerttemberg, have a look at www.hohenlohe-tourismus.de .

A comment on your spelling, the internet is very unforgiving if place names are misspelled, when a vowel has an umlaut (two dots above it, ä ö ü Ä Ö Ü) you need to add an e after the vowel.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 36
2. Re: Accommodation around Schwabisch Hall

I can recall seeing 4-5 hotels within the walled part of Vellberg, unfortunately the website doesn't list them all and they don't appear to advertise. After looking through a couple of my hard copy tourist information magazines for Hohenlohe I discovered Schloessle Vellberg, www.schloessle-vellberg.de , which I believe is within the town walls. Another place is a hotel in which we have eaten in the Altstadt part of Schwaebische Hall by the steps, Goldener Adler, www.goldener-adler-sha.de . I'm not sure about the prices, but both places should offer "character".

When in this area make sure to see walled fortified Comburg monastery just to the east of Schwaebisch Hall, as I consider it to be one of the better sights in Germany.

Greece
3. Re: Accommodation around Schwabisch Hall

Thank you very much for all your help!

Since we will be staying at many hotels in different locations during our three week long holiday, we are trying to keep costs down. This is proving to be a little tricky though.

I did have the same problem with the Vellberg website, I could only find information about the Ganerbenhaus. I will have a look at your suggestions. I did actually live in Schwaebisch Hall for a period of time about a decade ago and am looking very much forward to visiting again.

Thanks for the spelling comment. My mother tongue is Swedish (a language that includes å, ä and ö), but I still have not realised I might encounter problems omitting the dots and circles in my searches. I will be more careful in the future. :)

Take care!

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 104
4. Re: Accommodation around Schwabisch Hall

Hi there!

How do you feel about staying at a hostel? There is a nice one in Schwaebisch Hall; the website is: http://www.jugendherberge-schwaebisch-hall.de

To my knowledge they have single/double rooms.

Enjoy your trip; it sounds wonderful!

Greece
5. Re: Accommodation around Schwabisch Hall

Hi!

PVFirst: Thank you very much for the suggestion of the youth hostel, I visited the website and it looks very satisfactory. I have already made a reservation at Hotel Schloessle in Vellberg however, but might try the youth hostel on our way down to Greece again later on. I must add though that the experience of checking out the "senior fee" on the youth hostel site was a bit shocking, oh dear... :)

Marcopolko: Thanks again for the tip about Hotel Schloessle in Vellberg. It had a website, but is not advertised anywhere else and would have been impossible to find. The building looks lovely and Vellberg seems to be a less known gem of the area. I will let you know how we liked it!

I am new to tripadvisor.com and am amazed at the helpfulness of members and vast amount of useful information available here. Thank you both!

6. Re: Accommodation around Schwabisch Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Schwabisch Hall