We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad Bellingen

Which Bad Bellingen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham City
reviews: 10
Bad Bellingen

I'm looking for information about the hotel Badblick Apartments and the area nd transport but there doesn't appear to be anyone on here! thanks

11 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Bad Bellingen

http://www.bad-bellingen.de/en

www.markgraefler-land.com/index.php…

http://www.blackforesthighlands.info/

in nearby Weil am Rhein there is the Vitra Design Museum

www.design-museum.de/en/information.html

Basel is also close.

Bad Bellingen is on the Freiburg - Basel train line.

When staying in Bad Bellingen you'll receive a KONUS guest card. Free local public transport in the area.

http://www.blackforest-tourism.com/konus

bus network map Markgräflerland

rvl-online.de/web/fileadmin/user_upload/Verb…

Durham City
2. Re: Bad Bellingen

that's fantastic thank you! I've spent hours trying to work out the transport.

Do you have any idea of the best way to travel from the airport to the Bad Belligen please? The hotel apartment is Badblick. If a taxi, do you know the costs please? thank you. Joanne

Durham City
3. Re: Bad Bellingen

forgot to add - we'll be arriving 2110 and by the time we come out of customes etc should be around 10pm I would imagine. Cheers.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
4. Re: Bad Bellingen

From which airport?

Also, a word of warning. Bring ear plugs. Your hotel is, according to the map, just one block from the railway, which is a major line and very busy both with passenger and freight trains day and night.

Durham City
5. Re: Bad Bellingen

Basel-Mulhouse-Suisse - yes I saw that on the map - good idea! We should be out most of the time but I will take some plugs!

I've had a look at the buses - I think a 50 goes to the next stop which is Bahnhof, the train station then I can get the train to Bad Bellingen and walk up to the hotel from there as I don't think its that far. Problem is I can't find a train timetable.

Is it really true that if I show my holiday voucher then we won't have to pay on the bus or train?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
6. Re: Bad Bellingen

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Basel, EuroAirport

To: Bad Bellingen

Basel EuroAirport to Basel (not matter if bus to Basel SBB or bus+tram to Basel Bad Bf) is CHF 4,20 (but you can pay in Euro)

Basel Bad Bf. to Bad Bellingen is EUR 3,60.

by taxi

www.euroairport.com/EN/voyageurs.php…

Prices will be similar to those to Mulhouse

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
7. Re: Bad Bellingen

> Is it really true that if I show my holiday voucher

You'll get the KONUS card when checking in (or maybe next morning).

> then we won't have to pay on the bus or train?

Local public transport inside the KONUS area (the linked page has a map). Covered are regional trains and buses. In Freiburg also the trams. Into Basel you can however only travel by regional trains to Basel Bad Bf or Basel SBB train stations. The trams and buses in Basel are not cowered.

An addition to the connection from the EuroAirport to Bad Bellingen. The timetable gives by default the shortest possible connection. You should however travel with the next available bus and tram to Basel Bad Bf. And wait there for your train to Bad Bellingen.

Durham City
8. Re: Bad Bellingen

Thank you for all your help. From the airport to Basel Bad BF or bus and tram to Basel SBB train station, would that be the number 50 from the airport?

I'm sure we'll work it out once we're there. Certainly seems very generous to have a ticket to travel all across the black forest - in fact its save me hiring a car. Thanks again. Joanne

Baden-Wurttemberg...
9. Re: Bad Bellingen

Yes, bus 50 is going to SBB station. But most of the trains to Bad Bellingen are leaving from "Basel Badischer Bahnof" station. You can dismount bus 50 at "Kannenfeldplatz" and get in tram No.2, direction "Eglisee". The tram calls at Badischer Bahnhof.

If you like to take a taxi, leave the airport through the French exit and take a taxi to the station of "Haltingen" in Germany. The distance from the airport is only 10 km and the trains from Haltingen to Bad Bellingen are running hourly.

Edited: 1:48 pm, July 25, 2012
Durham City
10. Re: Bad Bellingen

Thank you for your help. Very kind.

I find the whole process quite daunting and complicated - I'm sure its not but unless you've been through it, well its not a direct route like one train from the station directly to the place, there are three types of transport involved with so its daunting. I'm organising my two young sons, have heavy luggage and not sure where to go/stand/walk to catch each connection, what, how and when to pay and there are three different countries. I don't speak the language and not sure how I would know which stop to get off at the right time, plus at the end of the journey, I don't have directions to the hotel from the station drop and it will be midnight.

I might be better getting a taxi all the way or hiriing a car and am still trying to find out the cost of a taxi.

Thanks again for your help.

Reply to: Bad Bellingen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bad Bellingen
Recent Conversations