We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bamberg to Vienna

Which Bamberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma City...
reviews: 59
Bamberg to Vienna

Will be in Bamberg this summer and need to take a train to Vienna Austria. When I search on the Bahn website; it says cannot make a reservation without a ticket but doesn't show how to purchase a ticket. Will be traveling June 10. Any information on how to do tickets online or would it be possible to wait and purchase them in Bamberg?

3 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
reviews: 2
1. Re: Bamberg to Vienna

Well, you do not actually need a reservation at all. (And actually, I don't know how to buy one, because I never have.)

How are you planning to get your tickets? There might be discount tickets available, but you have to wait until three months prior to your trip. Then, you should be able to buy them online. And that's what you should do, because they tend to be much less expensive that way.

Are you planning to do any sightseeing between Bamberg and Vienna? (Nürnberg, Munich, Salzburg)

If not, just book a flight from Nürnberg to Vienna. Nürnberg airport is very conveniently reached by subway.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 3
2. Re: Bamberg to Vienna

It is simply too early to buy tickets - they are released 3 months ahead. Of course you can just buy them in Bamberg but if you buy them well ahead of time you have a good chance for very significant savings.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
3. Re: Bamberg to Vienna

You can buy tickets at earliest 92 days in advance. Bamberg to Vienna is available from EUR 39. If you like you can buy with your ticket also a seat reservation (+ EUR 4,50). Seat reservation is however not compulsory. As a single traveler on this route and with your travel date you'll do well without.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Bamberg

Destination: VIENNA

Reply to: Bamberg to Vienna
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bamberg