We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything open in Bamberg Dec 25-27?

Which Bamberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greeley, CO
reviews: 60
Anything open in Bamberg Dec 25-27?

Our family is planning a trip to Germany over Christmas 2014 and we're thinking of spending a few days in Bamberg between Munich and Berlin. We would fly into Munich, spend 4-5 nights there, then take the train to Bamberg for a few nights before heading on to Berlin.

Right now, it looks like we'd arrive in Bamberg on Dec 25 and depart on Dec 28. I understand many places will be closed Dec 25 and perhaps Dec 26 for the holiday, but will anything be open? Any breweries or pubs or areas of sight-seeing interest?

We really like small, interesting towns where we can explore a bit on foot and also spend some quiet time relaxing in a nice setting. But if everything is closed, is Bamberg worth a stop in winter? We are 2 adults traveling with our 15 and 17 year old children. Thanks for any advice; I can't seem to find much info about closures online other than Scherlenka is closed until Dec 27.

2 replies to this topic
Bamberg, Germany
reviews: 35
1. Re: Anything open in Bamberg Dec 25-27?

If this year is an indication of next, then, no, not really. All breweries are closed (except I think Klosterbrau is open tomorrow). Restaurants that are associated with hotels (Weierich for example) are open, but full. There are a few pubs here and there open, but in general, honestly, I would recommend a larger city for the holidays. Everything here is essentially closed after mid afternoon on the 24th, and opening again on the 27th.

Greeley, CO
reviews: 60
2. Re: Anything open in Bamberg Dec 25-27?

Thank you for the feedback, Mandy 939 - we are adjusting our plans to stay in Bamberg on the front end of our trip so we can enjoy the Christmas market and breweries BEFORE Christmas and then spend the actual holiday in Munich. Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Reply to: Anything open in Bamberg Dec 25-27?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted