We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bamberg to Salzburg - no more Bayern Ticket??!!

Which Bamberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 5
Bamberg to Salzburg - no more Bayern Ticket??!!

I will be travelling from Bamberg to Salzburg on Christmas Eve 2013 and was planning to buy the Bayern ticket for 2 persons after some extensive research. However, when I was checking the DB website earlier, it seems that option is no longer available! The only way I could get to Salzburg is buy the Euro 57 ticket per pax which takes 6hrs. And even when I check the website for tickets from Munich to Salzburg, the Bayern ticket is not available.

Can someone please please please advise what is going on... any help would be appreciated!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Bamberg to Salzburg - no more Bayern Ticket??!!

Regional trains from Munich to Salzburg are operated from 15th December on by Meridian - no more by Deutsche Bahn (DB). The Meridian trains are covered by a Bayern Ticket

source (in German):

der-meridian.de/fahrkarten/fahrkarten_und_ta…

For not released reasons this is not yet known to the DB timetable.

You can however check the connections you can use with a Bayern Ticket with the DB timetable by selecting as means of transport "only local transport". The Bayern Ticket itself is anyway bought best on spot from a ticket machine. Same price as online. The ticket comes with no change, no refund. Thus buying in advance online bears always some risk.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 5
2. Re: Bamberg to Salzburg - no more Bayern Ticket??!!

I see... I'll translate the page and see what I can find from there. But it's weird that the DB website doesn't reflect that the bayern ticket could be used for this leg. Anyhow, thanks abalada!

3. Re: Bamberg to Salzburg - no more Bayern Ticket??!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bamberg