We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train ticket from Bruges, Belgium to Bamberg, Germany

Which Bamberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, South...
reviews: 13
Train ticket from Bruges, Belgium to Bamberg, Germany

Hi, I have been checking the train web pages, b-europe and Bahn.de, for best routes from Bruges to Bamberg. We are not traveling until August 7, 2013, so I have been playing with earlier dates, as I believe I have to wait 3 months out before I can book anything online for this train trip. I am of course looking for the quickest route, and with less connections, as we will be new to the train system, and less connections would mean less stress if you miss a connection. Interestingly, everytime I check, it seems different routes are, or not available, even when choosing to the limit of 3 months out. So I am confused, which route or option would be the best for us to travel this leg of our trip? Maybe there is some "trick" to booking I am missing...Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
1. Re: Train ticket from Bruges, Belgium to Bamberg, Germany

You can only get discounted specials from Bruges (Brugge) to Bamberg for connections with ICE train from Brussels. These run however only 4 hourly. Thus the only realistic connection is

Brugge dep 08:59

Bamberg arr 16:34

with changes at Bruxelles-Midi, Frankfurt and Würzburg. Less than 3 changes are not possible. Transfer time is with this connection half an hour each. Which is really ample. Allowing you even to stock up food and beverages at these train stations.

Try to book at the very begin of the 92 days buying horizon. Sunday afternoon and evening is a peak travel time and the discounted specials on this route will go fast. Reserve seats between Brussels (Bruxelles-Midi) and Würzburg. This will add EUR 4 per person.

Charleston, South...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Train ticket from Bruges, Belgium to Bamberg, Germany

Thank you, so very helpful!!!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 3
3. Re: Train ticket from Bruges, Belgium to Bamberg, Germany

What is the best/most economical train travel from Brugge to Bamberg?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 2
4. Re: Train ticket from Bruges, Belgium to Bamberg, Germany

Read the thread.

Reply to: Train ticket from Bruges, Belgium to Bamberg, Germany
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted