We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip or overnight??

Which Bamberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 79
day trip or overnight??

We're staying in Nuremberg and I want to go to Bamberg either for a day trip or an overnighter.

Any comments or suggestions, we would be staying on a Sunday night if we went there.

thank you.

germany
reviews: 15
1. Re: day trip or overnight??

What do you like to do? If you like to see old buildings, churches, museums...if you like to eat a fabulous restaurants and perhaps window shop as well as admire all the old architecture...then you could spend a night. Especially on a Friday or Sat night. Downtown Bamberg is alive on these warm summer evenings. Super little ice cream cafes...and people sitting out talking. If you are just into museums perhaps only for the day.

Munich, Germany
reviews: 2
2. Re: day trip or overnight??

Well, it will only take an hour to get from Bamberg to Nürnberg, the last train leaving at 0:12.

I wouldn't change hotels for that. You could do a day trip, enjoy the evening and still return to Nürnberg on the same day. Just print out the train schedule and have it with you.

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: day trip or overnight??

Thanks so much, I'm still undecided but I will definitely go there!!

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 1
4. Re: day trip or overnight??

in any way, Bamberg is definately worth the trip! do not forget to climb up to the altenburg castle!

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: day trip or overnight??

Yes, it looks gorgeous and I will!!!! thanks again.

6. Re: day trip or overnight??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 08, 2013