We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My first visit to Sindelfingen/Stuttgart

Which Sindelfingen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stavanger, Norway
My first visit to Sindelfingen/Stuttgart

I am going to pick up my new Mercedes at the factory in Sindelfingen. I need some info if anyone can help. I will arrive Thursday morning and will pick up the car on Friday after a visit to the Mercedes-museum and a tour in the factory.

Where is it most interesting to stay the night: in downtown Stuttgart or in Sindelfingen? My MB-dealer suggested Hotel Graf Zeppelin and Hotel am Schlossgarten, but I don't know if these are nice hotels and if the location is good. In advance thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 37
1. Re: My first visit to Sindelfingen/Stuttgart

Stuttgart certainly would be more interesting to spend the day and/or night, not much happens in Sindelfingen. Both the Hotel Graf Zeppelin and Hotel am Schlossgarten are very good, both are centrally located near each other, and the Hotel am Schlossgarten has a Michelin starred restaurant (Zirbelstube). If nothing much is happening in Stuttgart at night while you're there, you can always walk around the nearby Schlossgarten.

If you are taking the S-bahn between Stuttgart and Sindelfingen, you probably should not get off in Sindelfingen-Goldberg but at the next stop- Boeblingen as you will be easily able to get a taxi there.

Both hotels are within very easy walking distance of the Staatsgalerie (art museum) and the new modern art museum on Schlossplatz. If you are from Norway, you might want to do shopping along the pedestrianized Koenigstrasse which is the local shopping mile. I always enjoy visiting the Markthalle, the large indoor market, with its wonderful smells of delicacies of fruit and vegetables, meats, cheeses and other items from around the world, and the restaurant upstairs is a nice place for lunch.

Boston
reviews: 2
2. Re: My first visit to Sindelfingen/Stuttgart

The Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin is one of the top hotels in Stuttgart!

Stuttgart has a lot to offer but I like staying in Sindelfingen myself.

The Restaurant "zur Funzel" in the town pedestrian zone is one of the best in all of Germany! Swabian and Austrian crusine which is top notch! I would stay at the Mercure Sindelfingen an der Messe.

It has a nice pool and is close but not too close to the A81! The rooms are large and the staff very friendly. Shopping mall is only 300 m from the hotel as well.

Have fun...

Sean

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
3. Re: My first visit to Sindelfingen/Stuttgart

VVS rail network (S-Bahn and Stadtbahn (tram))

http://www.vvs.de/download/71.pdf

Mercedes Benz Museum: stop Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion

Sindelfingen Customer Centre/factory tour: stop Böblingen, from there (bus platform 19) is a free shuttle bus service to the customer centre.

Stuttgart centre map with public transport

http://www.vvs.de/download/375.pdf

Hotel Graf Zeppelin is directly opposite of the Hauptbahnhof (main railway station). Hotel am Schlossgarten just a bit right of it, same street where it runs through the Schlossgarten park.

Stuttgart Tourims

http://www.stuttgart-tourist.de

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
4. Re: My first visit to Sindelfingen/Stuttgart

My question is why revive this post which is over two years old? Why not open a new posting if you want to post something. The original poster's "new" Mercedes is already fairly old!!!

And my wife who had lived in Sindelfingen for 15 years and now lives in Stuttgart would certainly disagree about staying in SiFi, as I would.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 23
5. Re: My first visit to Sindelfingen/Stuttgart

Now, two years later we are doing the same--picking up a new Mercedes at the factory. So where is the best place to stay? Especially where is a good place after taking the overnight flight? Someplace quiet, clean, with a good sauna and pool--and food of course.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
6. Re: My first visit to Sindelfingen/Stuttgart

The Meridien in Stuttgart probably meets your requirements (I don't know if they have a pool). When going to the Mercedes factory, just take the S-1 to Boeblingen and then probably a taxi to the factory is easiest and won't be that expensive.

7. Re: My first visit to Sindelfingen/Stuttgart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sindelfingen