We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Strasbourg, France to Badenweiler

Which Badenweiler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tequesta
reviews: 67
Travel from Strasbourg, France to Badenweiler

I'm trying to figure out how to travel from Strasbourg, France to Badenweiler. If I understand everything I've found so far, trains do not stop in Badenweiler any more. Do we take a train to Freiburg and then a bus to Badenweiler? Any info will be most appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
reviews: 37
1. Re: Travel from Strasbourg, France to Badenweiler

Use www.bahn.com for information about all destinations in Germany. If you click on the < or > to the left of your options, details of all connections will be given.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
2. Re: Travel from Strasbourg, France to Badenweiler

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Bahnhof (Bus), Badenweiler

You can of course choose any other bus stop in Badenweiler.

Generally train to Müllheim and from there by bus.

If you like it cheap you can stick to regional trains. There is e.g. a good connection departing at 09:22. Select at the DB timetable as means of transport "only local transport" for this. And buy a Baden-Württemberg Ticket which will cover the trip from Kehl to Badenweiler. You can do this online (using From: Kehl) or at Kehl station. Baden-Württemberg TIcket is EUR 29 for 2-5 persons and covers all trains and nearly all other local public transport in the German federal state Baden-Württemberg.

You can travel by train from Strasbourg to Kehl (EUR 3,80 per person). If you buy the Baden-Württemberg Ticket online you can stay seated in Kehl. Or use the bus #21 to Kehl. Single ticket is EUR 1,40. A mini group (2-3 persons) 24 hours ticket (called "24H TRIO") is EUR 5,50.

map Strasbourg local public transport network

www.cts-strasbourg.fr/LinkClick.aspx…

CTS timetable

cts-strasbourg.fr/recherche-horaire/tpl/XSLT…

Arrivée

(x) Arrêt/Station: Bahnhof Kehl

Commune: Kehl

Tequesta
reviews: 67
3. Re: Travel from Strasbourg, France to Badenweiler

Thank you very much -- I appreciate it! I will look at the websites and make sure I understand this

Reply to: Travel from Strasbourg, France to Badenweiler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Badenweiler