We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowbus Bad experience ?

Which Tignes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Snowbus Bad experience ?

When you book a tranfer to Geneva beware you go via Chambery airport. Our party of six missed our flight on the 29th Dec from Geneva. We left Les Arc at 10am for a direct tranfer, we were not told we would stop at Chambery did not arrive in Geneva until 4pm. Of course Snow bus blame the traffic which was heavy they told us they did not hide the fact we were going via Chambery they just did to tell us. At least ten people on the bus missed their flight. Shall never use them again. No refund offered no apology .

Newcastle, United...
1. Re: Snowbus Bad experience ?

hi im traveling to Geneva on 16th march, when you say snow bus do you mean BENS BUSSES, this is who i have booked with, i only have 1 hour to check in so you can understand i am now pritty worried!

Talloires, France
reviews: 26
2. Re: Snowbus Bad experience ?

They are not the same company. http://www.snowbus.co.uk or http://www.bensbus.co.uk/

Tignes, France
3. Re: Snowbus Bad experience ?

Hello. As the owner of the company http://www.snowbus.co.uk I feel I just have to answer this criticism personally. We have already spoken to S M at great length about this issue but just as people can pass on their experiences through the internet, it also gives us the chance to reply as well.

We run a scheduled bus service which links both Chambery and Geneva airports with many different ski resorts in the Savoie region. Approximately 60% of our buses going to/from Geneva pass through Chambery. Those os you who know the roads in the area will know that any vehicle using the peage motorways to get to Geneva will pass through Chambery and within 10 minutes of the airport. So it is not as if we are taking passengers miles out of the way.

Passengers booking with us select their bus time based on the scheduled arrival time at the airport. If a bus does have to drop passengers at Chambery then this is factored in to the timetable so our customers will not miss their flight. On the day in question traffic all around this area was at a complete standstill, both on the motorways and the route through Annecy which is the other road to Geneva that we can use.

With traffic backed up there is very little that any driver or transfer company can do - no matter what route they take. Our driver was very experienced and tried every way possible to get passengers to the airport in time for their flight, but unfortunately that was not humanly possible on this occasion.

We deeply regret that any passenger travelling with us misses their flight (although S M is the only person I have heard from to complain) but there is very little we can do about complete standstill traffic on the roads. We have most certainly apologised and offered all sorts of help and solutions in terms of claiming back money against travel insurance, etc. I'm afraid that our terms and conditions do cover us against issuing refunds when situations are out of our control though.

I can reassure people that we operate a professional and cheap service that has delivered hundreds of people to/from the airport every winter season for the last five years. Some buses do pass through Chambery airport but as this is factored in to our timings it is not the cause of this problem - heavy traffic coming from all ski resorts at the end of the French holidays was the unavoidable issue. Thanks

In answer to Dia-baz - we always recommend passengers leave at least 2 hours to check in at the airport, so you may want to see if you can get an earlier bus perhaps?

Talloires, France
reviews: 26
4. Re: Snowbus Bad experience ?

I think you mean 'Mark a' :) I just pointed out that he is not talking about the same company.

I also completely agree, it is silly to leave only 1 hour to check in when mountain roads and motorways are always unpredictable.

In England
reviews: 3
5. Re: Snowbus Bad experience ?

We used Snowbus last week from Chambery to Val D'Isere. The pick up from Chambery was on time and although the roads were backed up all over the area because of the French holiday, the driver used the back routes to get us to Val D'Isere in 2.5 hours. Not a bad service at all.

On the return journey we started early and Simon the English driver drove very carefully as my wife had a broken wrist and did not need to be jolted around.

I would say the service was excellent value for money and would definitely recommend it. You have to make sure you allow enough time for the airport transfers especially on the return journey as it is a long way to some of the resorts and traffic problems can cause havoc. I would rather wait an extra two hours at the airport than on the motorway!

6. Re: Snowbus Bad experience ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 15, 2014