We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Les Gets - too low for New Year?

Which Les Gets hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worcestershire
reviews: 9
Les Gets - too low for New Year?

We are taking our daughters (7&8) for their first skiing holiday over New Year. I like the sound of Les Gets as very child friendly. We are keen for a location close to the slopes and somewhere that's not too busy (ok it'll all be busy for new year ...) Do we need to aim for somewhere higher than Les Gets? We would like to drive - we don't need to be in France but the search has to start somewhere.

London, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Les Gets - too low for New Year?

HI there,

Lets Gets is a good option for a family holiday and it is child friendly. I know families that go there every year and would go anywhere else.

With regards to accommodation, there are some good sites listing apartments and chalets. try http://www.primaryrentals.com - they should have some availabilities for next year.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 28
2. Re: Les Gets - too low for New Year?

Whilst each year brings different snow conditions the average for New Year since the mid 1990's is around 35 cm lower slopes and 95 upper slopes.

That may not seem alot compared to some resorts but the terrain in Les Gets isn't quite as stark or steep as the real snow sure places.

Another benefit at Les Gets is the abundance of tree lined pistes. This helps with snow retention and visibilty definition.

If you go to one of the higher resorts I think you lose the authentic charm of the Frecnh Alpine village. That charm may be as important as the quantity of snow, I think there is alot to way up.

Evreux, France
reviews: 157
3. Re: Les Gets - too low for New Year?

Les Gets is the perfect village for a family holiday ! If not enough snow at the bottom of the pists the village is linked to the "snow-sure" resort of Avoriaz (www.avoriaz.com) where you can find great facilities for skiers of all levels.

I am sure you'll enjoy Les Gets for a New Year holiday !

Belli

4. Re: Les Gets - too low for New Year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:32 am, June 14, 2011
5. Re: Les Gets - too low for New Year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 04, 2011