We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Saint Tropez

Which Gassin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
reviews: 7
Getting to Saint Tropez

Hi

Just wanted to ask please

i)are there buses to Saint Tropez/Gassin/Ramatuelle from Nice?

ii)can St Tropez be reached by Gassin or Ramatuelle on foot (or are there buses)?

iii)are there many shops/bars/bakeries/restaurants etc in Gassin and Ramatuelle? (feel a bit silly asking this, as I'm sure there are)

Please can you let me know - thanks

2 replies to this topic
Surrey UK
reviews: 6
1. Re: Getting to Saint Tropez

i) No direct buses as far as I know. Use the search facility on these forums and other Provence forums to find advice on services from Nice to St Raphael (train or bus) and from St Raphael to St Tropez (ferry or bus). For buses beyond St Tropez to Gassin/Ramatuelle, see www.varlib.fr.

ii) It's possible to walk but it will take a very long time along roads with no footpaths/pavements/sidewalks. There are buses but not many - see www.varlib.fr

iii) "Many" is a subjective judgement. There are a number of cafes/restaurants in these villages, all of which are open in the summer, but most of them are closed in the depths of winter. Other shops are limited but I think you'll find at least one bakery in each village. If you want to shop for a week's groceries, there's a hypermarket at La Foux and a large supermarket at Cogolin, both of which are between Gassin and St Tropez, but you'll struggle without a car.

Theydon Bois...
reviews: 29
2. Re: Getting to Saint Tropez

Gassin is a lovely place to visit by car - did so this May - but very little open. So too was Ramatuelle when I last visited in the 1980s. But I wouldn't tackle either place other than in a hire car. Hills and narrow roads for up to 10km taking a couple of hours from Gassin or Ramatuelle to St Tropez!

Reply to: Getting to Saint Tropez
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gassin