We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Calanque d'en Vau

Which Cassis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford,U.K
reviews: 5
Driving to Calanque d'en Vau

Im driving for 4 days along the coast from Marseille to Monaco and want to know how close i can get to Calanque by car. Is there any parking nearby or do i need to get a boat from Cassis as the only way of seeing this area?

Regards

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
1. Re: Driving to Calanque d'en Vau

Do you have a Michelin road atlas or the Michelin 1:200,000 scale map of the region? How about the Michelin green guide for the Côte d'Azur? If you don't have them I think you should make a small investment ASAP..

If you look at the Michelin map you will see that the road runs quite a ways inland from the coast most of the way from Marseille to Cassis. The only way to reach the Calanques overland is to hike in. As you suggest you can take a boat trip from Cassis but I don't think the boat trip will let you off and pick you up.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
reviews: 41
2. Re: Driving to Calanque d'en Vau

The closest you can get by car to the Calanque En-Vau is the parking of La Maison Forestiere de la Gardiole. From there you have to walk around 3-4k to the calanque.

Here is the map of the area and you road - provence.aparcourir.com/c_geo/geo_loc.php…

You can get to this calanque from Cassis as well passing also by the calanques Port-Miou and Port-Pin, but it is even more difficult road with one quite steep climb.

Marseille, France
3. Re: Driving to Calanque d'en Vau

Everything is well explained there:

www.calanques13.com/calanque-en-vau.html

It takes less then one hour to walk from the parking to En vau calanque

To get back maybe more... :-)

4. Re: Driving to Calanque d'en Vau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:08 am, February 22, 2011