We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nantes to le Clarys Plage

Which Saint-Jean-de-Monts hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
reviews: 14
Nantes to le Clarys Plage

Single parent arriving end of June need get taxi to site...anyprobs with this? Told will be ABOUT €100 ??? I did see one post somewhere that no taxis at site...is this true...will need get one back 4am in morn for returning flt, bit worried.

Also would love to book a couple of excursions while there..is this possible from the site??

scotland
reviews: 9
1. Re: Nantes to le Clarys Plage

I am also looking for an answer to this question, however we are travelling by train and planning to travel from nantes train station to st gilles croix de vie station (about 10km from le clarys plage) and hoping to get a taxi from there...no idea how much that would cost though :\

n.ireland
2. Re: Nantes to le Clarys Plage

Should'nt be too much, only 5-7min or so away : im sure there would be a bus as well, friendly wee town. I arrived myself and a six yr old.. hadnt a clue how to get to le clarys plage (quite a lot of round abouts !) first person i asked told me "to follow him and he would show me" !!

I hired a car and it was a life saver !!!

n.ireland
3. Re: Nantes to le Clarys Plage

I travelled on my own last year with my sixy year old!

I hired a car 229 euro ( a family car, there are smaller and cheaper ones available) and it was a life saver !!! From Nantes to the vendee takes about an hour and half in the car........

supermarket about 2 mile away, would have been difficult carrying shopping back water etc....

You can get a train from Nantes to st gilles croix de vie, st gilles croix de vie its only about 10mins away by car you could maybe get a taxi from there..

if you can drive....my advice would be hire a car.

Good luck , i know what it is like travelling on your own !!!

Europe
4. Re: Nantes to le Clarys Plage

You can get a bus ticket for about 10 euros from Nantes to Saint Gilles. This takes about an hour. From Saint Gilles you can take a taxi that brings you to the campside. This is about 25 euros. The taxi's in the area are really good.

Worked on the site and travelled like this myself.

cheshire
reviews: 118
5. Re: Nantes to le Clarys Plage

anyone know how to get from airport to nantes? is there an airport shuttle bus? I can only find a french speaking tourist site for st jean de monts and my 64 year old mum is joing us on holiday (were driving there) and our ferry leaves before her flight so she will have to get a bus to airport....

Clacton-on-Sea...
6. Re: Nantes to le Clarys Plage

tesco queen, the airport is just outside nantes, from the airport web site -

From Monday through to Saturday, a shuttle bus runs between the airport and the city centre every 30 minutes from 5.30am to 11.15pm. This facility will ensure that you arrive on time for your flight.

On Sundays and bank holidays the shuttle runs every hour from 6.15am to 11.15pm.

From the Airport to the Train Station in just 20 minutes!

The Airport shuttle links the Nantes Atlantique International Airport directly to the Train Station in just 20 minutes and the city centre in just 26 minutes.The shuttle bus drop you off in front of the airport's Hall 1.

It runs every day including bank holidays (exceptionally no service on 1 May).

Direct connections with the Tramway and the BusWay.

Tickets : € 7. Tickets can be purchased in the shuttle.

Information from the allotan information line 0810 444 444 (from within France

UK
reviews: 36
7. Re: Nantes to le Clarys Plage

tescoqueen, I am a bit confused over which direction your mother will be travelling. Is she making her way from the airport to Nantes town centre? Or from Nantes town centre to the airport? Or even from St-Jean-de-Monts to Nantes airport?

There is a shuttle bus, as stated above, between airport and town centre, which stops at the main railway station in Nantes. The TANair stop is on the SOUTH side of the station ("sortie sud"). That's important to know if you are doing the station-to-airport direction, as there is also a north exit ("sortie nord".

There are no trains from St-Jean-de-Monts to anywhere. Nearest station to St Jean is Challans. (Sometimes the "train" service is a coach.) A taxi between Challans and St-Jean would probably cost about 25 euros. Build plenty of time into your planning.

There is a summer minibus service from the airport to St-Jean-de-Monts described on this page, which I have just put on another post:

http://www.en.saint-jean-de-monts.com/

Click on "Getting Around" to see "Airport and shuttle bus".

It's not clear if the 44 /100 euros mentioned is per person or per minibus, but you could call the tourist office staff and ask them before you book. Booking via Tourist Information Centre: +33 (0) 2 51 59 68 68. (NB, on the website they have left out a"2" near the beginning of the phone number, but I am sure it needs to be there, so have inserted it. above)

I don't know anyone who's tried it, but it might be the answer.

Angela

Tralee, Ireland
8. Re: Nantes to le Clarys Plage

there are 12 of us arriving at nantes airport in june at 7.30pm, we are looking for the best way to get to clarys le plage. we have been quoted very expensive taxi price, but we have small kids and dont really want to be transfering between trains, buses and taxis at night. Any information would be gratefully received.

deirdre

dorset
reviews: 7
9. Re: Nantes to le Clarys Plage

As you will have seen from this thread, and others in this forum, the only options are trains, taxis or car hire.

Edited: 12:17 pm, June 06, 2012
Castlebar, Ireland
reviews: 62
10. Re: Nantes to le Clarys Plage

Car hire without a doubt...

You will need a car in France anyway so why not hire immediately ?

Get answers to your questions about Saint-Jean-de-Monts