We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Correct Spelling for Mont-Saint-Michel

Which Mont-St-Michel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dartmouth, Canada
reviews: 31
Correct Spelling for Mont-Saint-Michel

I am in the process of labelling the photos I took recently of Mont-Saint-Michel and would like to know if this is the correct spelling. I have seen Mont Saint Michel, Mont Saint-Michel, Mont-Saint-Michel, and Mont-St.-Michel. Could someone please tell me which is the right one.

Thanks. :)

Bellflower...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Correct Spelling for Mont-Saint-Michel

This is the spelling from the tourist information bureau site:

MONT SAINT-MICHEL

MrsJAS

Brussels
reviews: 9
2. Re: Correct Spelling for Mont-Saint-Michel

< I am in the process of labelling the photos I took recently of Mont-Saint-Michel and would like to know if this is the correct spelling. >

Yes, according to French Wikipedia, if referring to the abbey fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Mont-Saint-Michel

No hyphen after "Mont" if referring to the island on which it stands fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Saint-Michel

Essex
reviews: 71
3. Re: Correct Spelling for Mont-Saint-Michel

Anything but Mint St Michel.....

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-St-Michel, Caen
reviews: 10
4. Re: Correct Spelling for Mont-Saint-Michel

If you are trying to enter a destination in a GPS or mappy or viamichelin you should put

LE Mont Saint Michel

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
reviews: 4
5. Re: Correct Spelling for Mont-Saint-Michel

Yes, it is Le Mont Saint Michel.

6. Re: Correct Spelling for Mont-Saint-Michel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 04, 2014