We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TGV to Rennes / Mont St Michel

Which Mont-St-Michel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
TGV to Rennes / Mont St Michel

Hi, am in Paris and wanting to go to Mont St Michel next week. A previous post suggested taking TGV to Rennes and then using Westcapades.com for tour from there. Ticket on TGV is 110 Euro return for 10/1/08. Are there cheaper tickets available from somewhere? Txs

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
reviews: 19
1. Re: TGV to Rennes / Mont St Michel

I've just had a look on the SNCF site and the cheapest I could see was 90 euros but that's not TGV going, it's a normal train which leaves Paris at 9.30 and takes nearly 4 hours.

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: TGV to Rennes / Mont St Michel

Hi - thanks for your response. Am thinking about going on Saturday as train fares are much cheaper. There is a local bus from Rennes which takes about 1 and a half hours to get to Mont St Michel. The company's website says that they meet the 7.05 or 9.05 trains from Paris. The 9.05 train + bus doesn't get to MSM until 1300 which leaves 4 hours 15 mins at MSM. Is this sufficient time at MSM? There is a train that gets to Rennes at 8.05 but there doesn't appear to be a bus. I have emailed the bus company but not received a response. Any further advice appreciated.

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
reviews: 19
3. Re: TGV to Rennes / Mont St Michel

On average our guests that visit MSM spend eitha morning or an afternoon, so I would think that 4 hours will be enough.

4. Re: TGV to Rennes / Mont St Michel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, September 17, 2009