We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Millau Viaduct & Roquefort Cheese Caves

Which Millau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 8
Millau Viaduct & Roquefort Cheese Caves

In December, my family and I will be visiting Millau for one day. We were wondering what is the best way to visit both the Millau Viaduct and the cheese caves of Roquefort in a day. We are planning to stay at Hotel Chateau de Creissels. Are there any tours available or should we hire a car?

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Millau Viaduct & Roquefort Cheese Caves

I think you would need to rent a car for convenience, especially if you are staying at the Château de Creissels (which I recommend). Depending on where you are coming from and going to, a car might also be the best way to get to and from Millau.

There are a number of other interesting things nearby if you have a car: see http://nickbooth.id.au/Europe11/Millau.html

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 8
2. Re: Millau Viaduct & Roquefort Cheese Caves

Thank you for your prompt and helpful response! We'll rent a car and check out some of those nearby destinations you suggested. :)

Lebanon, Ohio
reviews: 35
3. Re: Millau Viaduct & Roquefort Cheese Caves

hi...I do no know how much time you have in the Aveyron area, but we spent several weeks there in October and November 2011. We spent time in Sauveterre de Rouergue close to Rodez and Belcastel also close. these 2 wonderful villages have Michelin starred restaurants and wonderful hotels.We drove back to Paris and stayed at the fabulous Chateau Vaulx in St. julienne de Civry close to Charolles on the way back.

Edited: 5:43 pm, April 02, 2012
Maryborough...
reviews: 21
4. Re: Millau Viaduct & Roquefort Cheese Caves

We are doing same trip in October but staying in Millau. I assume we can do the Viaduct in the morning and Cheese caves in afternoon using this site http://www.visite-roquefort-societe.com/en ?

Reply to: Millau Viaduct & Roquefort Cheese Caves
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted