We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with transportation to blois (near Tours) from Cap

Which Cap-d'Agde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 19
Need help with transportation to blois (near Tours) from Cap

We will be traveling south of france and would like to spend two days in Cap d Agde. However from there we need to get to Blois. I have checked driving and its 5 + hours Im not sure I want to do that on vacation. Can anyone suggest a more direct train line or even if we drove alittle way 2 or 3 hours we could take in some scenery and stop at a small town (any suggestions) and then get a direct train into Blois next morning. really having trouble with the trains. Our dates would be Sept 7 or 8. Any help is appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Need help with transportation to blois (near Tours) from Cap

There is no direct train line. If you ask the SNCF web site about travel from Agde to Blois, it suggests a journey of 6 to 7 hours via Paris.

Maybe you could slit the drive over 2 days, with an overnight stop somewhere interesting such as Le Puy.

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
reviews: 3
2. Re: Need help with transportation to blois (near Tours) from Cap

We use Ryanair Marseille - Tours several times each year.

Ontario
3. Re: Need help with transportation to blois (near Tours) from Cap

Thanks for your replay I was thinking about doing something like that and then taking the train the rest of the way so that a whole day is not waisted on the road. I would like to drive on the sunday but notices the drop off offices are not open on that day. Do you know if you can make alternate arrangements to leave the car on Sundays?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
reviews: 4
4. Re: Need help with transportation to blois (near Tours) from Cap

Check with the car rental company to see if they have a drop-off box for the keys and insurance packet. Most do. If you do that, make sure to take pictures of the car when leaving it and hang onto the receipt for your last gas fill-up.

Ontario
5. Re: Need help with transportation to blois (near Tours) from Cap

Thanks for the tip for the car drop off and last fill gas reciept. Taking photos is a good idea too. Im concerned that you mentioned that though is there usually problem when you drop a car like that.?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
reviews: 4
6. Re: Need help with transportation to blois (near Tours) from Cap

No, not if you take pics and keep the receipt. I've never had a problem and have dropped off at least a dozen cars on a Sunday using a drop-box. Just telling you what I do to make sure I DON'T have any problems.

7. Re: Need help with transportation to blois (near Tours) from Cap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 31, 2014