We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap d'Adge, and the beaches

Which Cap-d'Agde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, United...
Cap d'Adge, and the beaches

We are going this summer, and I have read many reviews, and it sounds like such an enjoyable experience. I have looked at Cap d'Adge on Google Earth, and see how wide spread out it is, yet I have some questions I cannot find answers to.

My first question is of the campsites. We may stay in one of the little places there, but I do not know what area of Cap d'Adge the campsites are located. Realizing that we will be out and about the entire time there, why spend a lot of money on some hotel we just go there to sleep? So the campsites seem the logical choice. Is there more that one campsite? How far from the beach is it or are they? Are the apartment rentals better than the campsite little accommodation?

Secondly, the beaches. I have read about areas of the beach that are more of a family atmosphere, and areas that are more of a couples atmosphere. After reading and reading, the only indication I have read about a couples area is people saying "east", go "east". Seeing Capd'Adge on Google Earth, it is a very long beach, separated by a port inlet or two. I have read all the names of the beaches, yet still cannot find a comment about which of the "east" beaches are for couples. Of course going there and walking could solve matters, but looking ahead, I was wondering if anyone could indicate which "east" area, which "east" beach.

Third, nudity. I have seen videos and pictures from Cap d'Adge where there are many people wearing clothing on the beach. I was of the understanding that this was a complete nude resort/city/location. Also I have read that in the evening people are not nude, and people are nude. People wear a collar, or belt and nothing else. I am trying to get the just of things and see what is expected before we go. Personally, we would rather to simply shed our clothing for the duration of our stay, and put them back on only when we depart. So 100% nude 100% of the time, day and night, everywhere or not?

Fourth, entry. we will be arriving via train from either Geneva or Paris, so when we arrive, I have read of an entry fee. How much? Is the fee complete for the duration of our week stay or is it a day by day pay? If we go out of Cap d'Adge for whatever reason to sight see, maybe, do we pay a entry fee again?

Fifth, bars and late night establishments. I have seen about as many comments as one could stand about the bars and late night establishments, yet one review conflicts from the other. Realizing that opinions and preferences vary, are there ones recommended for couples, and for couples that do not "swing"?

Transportation within Cap d'Adge. Is there any? Bicycle rentals? Golf carts? ect. I ask due to where we will be staying, and where we may want to have beach activities. That could be a large distance.

That is all for now. Thank you for taking your time to read this, and in advance, thank you for any valued reply. Have a super day!

bedford
reviews: 2
1. Re: Cap d'Adge, and the beaches

We have just come back from the region and we didn't see any nudity at all....there is a beach which is far to the left as you face the sea that had signs for naturist but it was a very small proportion of quite a long stretch of beach.....everyone around the port was wearing clothes and its full of clothes shops/ice cream parlors and bars...... with 100's of boats...

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 71
2. Re: Cap d'Adge, and the beaches

As I understand it - I've never been there but read about it, there is a naturist quarter which has controlled entry and which has shops, hotels, bars and a large beach. This area also has a campsite. This naturist quarter is reputed to be the largest such in Europe and often referred to as the naked city. I think that this area to to the north of the Port mentioned by dottylotty48. The largest building is a huge semi-circular apartment complex which should help you locate it on the google map.

Other than that, the rest of Cap d'Agde is a normal holiday resort and I'm sure you'll find accommodations in campsites there too!

Hope this helps

3. Re: Cap d'Adge, and the beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:50 pm, May 20, 2013
4. Re: Cap d'Adge, and the beaches

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:50 pm, May 20, 2013
5. Re: Cap d'Adge, and the beaches

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, May 28, 2013
stoke-on-trent
reviews: 1
6. Re: Cap d'Adge, and the beaches

The naturist quarter at Cap D'Agde is brilliant..You may very well go for the sexual element, but once naked amongst everyone else you just get used to it vey quickly.

The place is very big. You pay on a turnstile to enter the area, even with overnight reservations and they also make you pay a smallish fee for the French Naturist Annual Joining Fee. That is just a way of getting easy money out of you.

I have been three times, and each time on the campsite, which is massive. You may well need to hire a bicycle, especially if your plot is at the back because it may well take you half an hour to walk to the beach. The shopping area is like a small town. Everyone bar the shop keepers are naked in the daytime but few are naked in the evening. People tend to walk up and down the beach all day from one end to the other. It's best to hire a parasol and bed, buy a couple of bottles of French wine, and a load of fruit, a good book and sit there all day. People are fully naked all day. At night, don't go near the beach unless you want to be surrounded by sex touts.

7. Re: Cap d'Adge, and the beaches

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 20, 2014