We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea front hotel Argeles-Sur-Mer?

Which Argeles-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 4
Sea front hotel Argeles-Sur-Mer?

Can anyone recommend a mid-price range hotel in Argeles? I've had a look at hotels on this forum but there's not much to choose from. I'm arriving early evening on my own waiting for my other half to arrive the next day (by bicycle!) I'd like somewhere on the seafront but am not bothered about pools, spas or luxuries as I'll be out and about. I don't intend to eat in the hotel either. I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
1. Re: Sea front hotel Argeles-Sur-Mer?

My first recommendation is not on the beach and has no restaurant but is modestly priced at 50 euros:

Acapella.

It's found at chemin de Neguebous, 04 68 95 89 45

For accomodations along the beach try:

Grand Hotel du Lido, 04 68 81 10 32, about 90 euros

Upminster, United...
reviews: 37
2. Re: Sea front hotel Argeles-Sur-Mer?

Grand Hotel is very nice, rooms a little small for the price

Manchester, United...
3. Re: Sea front hotel Argeles-Sur-Mer?

Thank you both for your suggestions. Grand Hotel du Lido here we come! Booked it today.

Manchester, United...
4. Re: Sea front hotel Argeles-Sur-Mer?

Just returned from Le Grand Hotel du Lido and have to say it was a typucally French 3 star hotel ie bit tired and worn looking - and the room was very small. We did, however, have a fantastic view from the small balcony overlooking the ocean...so for the view alone it was worth it!

The walk along the promenade is beautiful although we were a bit disappointed with all the tacky shops and cheap eateries in the "block" just off the seafront. Why have they done that!!!?

rhode island
reviews: 44
5. Re: Sea front hotel Argeles-Sur-Mer?

we stayed at plage des pins and did a self directed bike tour.

nice clean place

nice breakfast room

walk to many great restaurants

try le reserve!!!!

6. Re: Sea front hotel Argeles-Sur-Mer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 20, 2009