We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit without a car

Which Argeles-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buxton
reviews: 3
Places to visit without a car

We are hoping to book to stay at Le Soleil in June this year and will be flying into Perpignan. Our party will be me, my husband and our very nearly 2 year old daughter. We have always hired cars on holiday to give ourselves the freedom but this year we would like to save the extra £250. However I think it would still be nice to do some day trips.

Can anyone give some advice on what is in the local area that can be reached either by public transport or by pre-booking day trips. Part of me wonders whether hiring the car is the best option as it does just give you the extra options but if we enjoy staying on the site and only use the car for a couple of days it seems a waste of money. Oh the dilemma!

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 100
1. Re: Places to visit without a car

Cubsur gave you a very comprehensive answer here :

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187149-i849-k6088…

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 71
2. Re: Places to visit without a car

I've just read through Cubsur's answer and it's as good as you'll get. You will be dependent on the 'little train' to connect into Argeles Ville for the main public transport. These 'little trains' are decorated tractor units pulling a few carriages and call by lots of campsites en-route. I've never visited Argeles without my own car and spent most of last June there. Apart from getting around to the sights, consider your shopping. there is of course a shop on site in Soleil but the range of products is quite basic - but ample if you are satisfied with a limited choice. BTW Soleil is a great campsite right on the beach. I've reviewed it on TA.

3. Re: Places to visit without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 07, 2014