We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Rosarie - Argeles Sur Mer

Which Argeles-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stanstead Abbotts...
La Rosarie - Argeles Sur Mer

Hello All,

I am going to La Rosarie in August this year for 2 weeks with my partner and 13 year old daughter. We are flying there so will not have a car.

Can somebody please let me know how close (and big) the nearest shops are.

Also can anybody give me any information on fishing close by to the site.

Many thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
1. Re: La Rosarie - Argeles Sur Mer

I used to have a caravan at La Rosarie. I didn't go in 2010 so things might have changed.

There is a tiny and very expensive shop on site. Ok for bread but I wouldn't go there for anything else.

There is a small shop maybe 10 minutes walk down the road a sort of off-licence / fresh fruit and veg shop. Cannot remember the name.

There is massive and very good Carrefour hypermarket about 20 minutes walk away (a little less than a mile I reckon) on the main road the old Route de Perpignan in a retail park area. It's closed on Sundays but open 9am to 8pm (possibly later in summer). It has a cashpoint as well, useful.

You can find out more at the Carrefour website

www.carrefour.fr

Search under 'Trouver un magasin'

It has a map which you can cross refer to a map with La Rosarie, Taxo d'Avall which is a couple of miles due north of Argeles centre. The hypermarket is just south of the big junction where D914 road is joined by D114.

There's a McDonalds drive-in also there and their map seems to work better!

www.gps-data-team.com/map/…

if you don't fancy walking back with shopping bags there are taxis you can phone or the little road train thing goes by there two or three times a day - never when I needed it though!

There is a collection of village type shops in the centre of Argeles, which you can easily reach on the road train.

Fishing I don't know - I used to go in June and never saw anyone fishing at the beach or in the river.

Hope that helps.

Edited: 12:24 pm, January 17, 2011
2. Re: La Rosarie - Argeles Sur Mer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 19, 2012