We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Hour layover at CDG is there somewhere close to visit

Which Roissy-en-France hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 20
4 Hour layover at CDG is there somewhere close to visit

Hate waiting in airports and I dont think I have enough time to go into Paris, are there other stations / towns near CDG I could try for a wee break or even a quick lunch.

Cheers

Craig

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 18
1. Re: 4 Hour layover at CDG is there somewhere close to visit

Not really!

Roissy en France
2. Re: 4 Hour layover at CDG is there somewhere close to visit

If you have 4 hours left in Roissy, you can go to Saint Denis by RER B. At the station there is the stadium and then you can go to the city center by bus. You have historical monuments to visit or you can have a walk in parks, eat something in a restaurant...

I think it's the best place to go.

If you want other ideas, here is a very complete website on Roissy : office-tourisme-roissy.com/…

Hope you will enjoy your stop over in Roissy ;)

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
reviews: 4
3. Re: 4 Hour layover at CDG is there somewhere close to visit

I believe lunacia is genuinely try to provide helpful assistance but by the time you made your way to the RER, purchased your tickets, waited for the next departure, tried to remember which stop to take and with which bus to connect it could be a risky proposition - time wise.

You could also take a taxi to the nearby IKEA and look at the fascinating merchandise and eat Swedish meatballs for lunch in their cafeteria.

The real question is: "how important is your connecting flight"?

I think Petermo302 has the right idea for this situation.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for French Riviera - Cote d'Azur
reviews: 26
4. Re: 4 Hour layover at CDG is there somewhere close to visit

You'll need to allow 2-3 hours to get to your gate once you leave a secured area. It took me that long when I missed a flight, could not get out until the next day and had to go through Security and Immigration the next morning.

The good news for you is that you probably have a European passport, and the European Immigration line moves faster than the US line. Still, I wouldn't risk it. You never know what the backlog will be at the clearing points.

Spokane
reviews: 24
5. Re: 4 Hour layover at CDG is there somewhere close to visit

Last year my kids were entertained with the fact that there was no door on the men's restroom at our gate and they got a laugh watching the guys do their business.

Do you have access to any club lounges? Perhaps with an american express card or a partner airline? The Air France lounge is fairly decent and relaxing inbetween long haul flights. Last year they accepted NWA world club members as guests.

Philadelphia Area
reviews: 55
6. Re: 4 Hour layover at CDG is there somewhere close to visit

If you are transferring at CDG here are my tips:

1. Allow 3 hours min. at airport

2. Don't check the teleprompters for your gate info and believe it, it is usually not right

3. Don't wait until the last minute to be at your departing gate b/c even though you may think you are at the right one, checked w/ 5 employees, and checked the prompter...you most likely are still at the wrong gate.

CDG has a BAD reputation for this I know first hand b/c it happens to me each and every time. Wear your sneakers and be prepared to run many times. I never transfer at CDG unless I absolutely have to. Even if this means spending 4 hours in Munich instead.

Oh, also pack a travel bag with 1 day change of clothes, toothbrush, and pills if you take them. 1 out of 4 trips your luggage won't make it and will be delivered to you the next day.

STAY AT THE AIRPORT!!! Get a drink, hang in the lounge, eat a croissant...but do not leave!

7. Re: 4 Hour layover at CDG is there somewhere close to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 15, 2009