We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental at the Agen train station

Which Agen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunnyvale...
reviews: 6
Car rental at the Agen train station

We are a party of 4 adults looking to get from Agen back to the Toulouse airport after a boat rental. We had planned to just take the train back to Toulouse since the boat rental is so close to the train station. My husband is thinking we should maybe rent a car at the Agen train station for the 4 of us and get right to the airport with less hassle than the train then shuttle to the airport. He thinks the cost is comparable either way.

Has anyone experienced either? I worry that the car rental at the Agen train station is very likely small and want to be sure we do have a car for 4 adults and luggage once we get there to pick it up. I can't see any car rental lots on satellite images to verify size.

We will be renting a car at the Toulouse airport at the start of our trip, then dropping it off at the Agen train station before picking up our boat for a week long canal trip. We are using Europcar.

Thanks ahead for any comments, advise.

Debb

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
1. Re: Car rental at the Agen train station

Car rental companies don't keep their vehicles out in the open in this region.

If you are using Europcar, why not ask them for a price for a one day rental from Agen?

Train fare Agen - Toulouse is €20.30 - €23 per adult (varies according to which train you take) then it's 5 Euros each on the bus from Toulouse station to the airport. Agen - Toulouse is 1 hour on the fast trains, 1hr 30 minutes on the slower ones.

So overall that's in region of €105. So, if you can rent a car for less than that (fuel cost included) and bearing in mind driving may be quicker, you may have a deal.

Agen, France
Destination Expert
for Agen
reviews: 8
2. Re: Car rental at the Agen train station

Hi Debb,

I really would not worry. Car rental places do not want to miss a sale so will get in an appropriate car for your journey. They shuffle cars around all the time, and as you say you will be dropping off at Agen, it is very likely that you may have the same car on your return. They have a small area opposite their offices, in the station car park where they keep their cars, so it is very convenient.

Sunnyvale...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Car rental at the Agen train station

Thank you for your time and info. We figured it would not be much of a cost issue, more of a convenience one. I was just concerned if it's a small enough rental office, can we be sure we have a 4 person + luggage car waiting for us. If it was just us as a couple a smart car would work but we are bringing along our Aunt and Uncle. I've been in the situation where the car reserved was not there when we arrived, usually something we just deal with but I kind of feel responsible for 2 others now!

Thanks again!

4. Re: Car rental at the Agen train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, September 10, 2014