We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing where to stay in Alsace

Which Riquewihr hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire
reviews: 74
Choosing where to stay in Alsace

We have found two possible gites to stay in July, one in the centre of Riquewihr, and the other out in the countryside at a place called La Vancelle. Both look lovely. We're tempted by the one in the town but wonder whether it will be noisy and touristy, particularly in the evenings at that time of year. Can anyone offer me some advice, please?

Pittsburgh, PA
reviews: 28
1. Re: Choosing where to stay in Alsace

I think you're referring to the www.i-love-riquewihr.com gites. We stayed at Le Colombier in Riquewihr in Oct. of '09. Great apartment built into the remparts; highly recommend.

I don't know about Riquewihr in July, but when we were there it was busy with tourists in the afternoon, but great in the mornings and practically deserted in the evenings. I prefer to stay in a village as opposed to the countryside b/c I like to be able to walk to stores, etc. We were not bothered by noise at all.

Happy planning!

Alsace, France
reviews: 81
2. Re: Choosing where to stay in Alsace

La Vancelle is VERY isolated ... beautiful but you'll need a car for shopping, cafés, bars etc. Riquewihr is ok at night, most visitors leave by 5 pm and you are close to other villages to explore and enjoy nice meals out.

North Yorkshire
reviews: 74
3. Re: Choosing where to stay in Alsace

Thank you, both of you, for responding.We've decided to go for La Vancelle.

Alsace, France
reviews: 81
4. Re: Choosing where to stay in Alsace

Have a great stay and do ask any further questions you may have as the time gets nearer to your stay.

5. Re: Choosing where to stay in Alsace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, July 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Riquewihr