We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basketball courts

Which Napili-Honokowai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California's Wine...
Basketball courts

Sorry....lots of questions are coming up since we are getting so close to our trip. My daughter and her friend are both on a basketball team that requires that they do free throws during the summer break. Just wondering what basketball courts are nearby in the Honokowai area. We are staying at the Mahana. Also thinking we will buy a basketball once we get there and then donate it to the condo or goodwill.

Daughter is trying to say she will be on vacation and gets a break from free throws but hubby is actually one of the team coaches....so there will be no break. :)

Thanks for any advice or pointing us in the right direction.

4 replies to this topic
S.F. Bay Area
reviews: 9
1. Re: Basketball courts

Napili park is a few miles north of the Mahana and has hoops and a basketball court. Unfortunately, the island has a significant shortage of courts to serve it's many youth teams and the general basketball-playing community. Here is a map link w/ directions from the Mahana: http://goo.gl/maps/oQXxr

Alo)(a, NKO

San Diego...
2. Re: Basketball courts

Also some courts in Lahaina by the 505 shopping center

Location, Location...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Basketball courts

If you're a bit sneaky, I've shot baskets many times at the Ritz Carlton. Their courts are right next door to the Cousteau Museum and near the Coastal Trail(both good excuses for being on the property). The trail would be a good warm-up for the girls, they can get the work in, and get some learning all in one walk!

S.F. Bay Area
reviews: 9
4. Re: Basketball courts

There is also a park off of Wahikuli Rd, about the same distance in the opposite direction from the Mahana - I believe its on Ainakea Rd. - with courts. Lahaina civic center too, but those are indoor and require payment and reservations if even available..

Reply to: Basketball courts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted