We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimmable beach honokowai ?

Which Napili-Honokowai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 13
swimmable beach honokowai ?

I have found what looks like a brilliant unit at honokowai..

is there a beach here or will we need to drive ?

21 replies to this topic
NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 16
11. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

Well not all the complexes in Honokowai have a beach but most are oceanfront but with sea wall so most of the complexes that have beaches have mostly small pocket beaches that are their biggest at low tide and the water is calmer especially for snorkeling in the am hours at least that was the case where we stayed at Nohonani last June but it was great for us and we are staying there again in May.

New Brunswick
reviews: 5
12. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

April May June are my favorite months on island

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 16
13. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

Yes you will usually find the best conditions at those beaches in the summer months last June was great and I think May will be awesome too my husband and I prefer offseason months but my daughter and her boyfriend went with us last year she is a teacher so had to work around that. It will be back to just the two of us in May

Coos Bay, Oregon
reviews: 10
14. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

We love Hoyochi Nikko ! We are staying in #209 in October and #105 Jan/Feb. We've stayed in 205 in May '12. The beach is small and just depends what the ocean is doing as far as swimming. But when we were there hubby had a great time swimming and snorkeling. Lots of turtles to watch too!

Patty

New Brunswick
15. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

My wife is also a teacher. I don't think most people apppreciate how demanding teaching is as you are on all the time.. My DW puts in at leat 2 hours outside the classroom each evening as well. I know I could not do it. We are heading to Maui 2 days after the school year,

Kelowna, Canada
16. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

We stayed next door at Kuleana and swam at the beach in front of Hyochi Nikko. It was a nice little beach and had turtles every day. There were also locals on paddle boards because the surf was fairly high while we were there. That was January though and you'll probably have calmer water in that area when you go. We actually preferred it to Napili because it was so much quieter and less crowded.

seattle
reviews: 2
17. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

Gosh, I missed all these great responses. I'm so glad to hear good things about Hoyochi Nikko. We are one month away from leaving and so looking forward to it. This is our first trip in down season since our son was very young. We have been going in February for many years now and while I love the whales I don't love how much more it cost and how crowded it is with many people from our home town.

Anyway, can't wait and I will be sure to post some reviews of the area when we return.

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Waikiki
reviews: 89
18. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

Hohoho nikko has more beach than I have ever seen it have.

A beach this small can come and go.

Sea walls have also affected the sand deposits and contributed to erosion in some areas.

Brisbane
reviews: 4
19. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

hoyochinikko.org/Site/…HoyochinikkoWeb.html

Boston, MA
20. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

Also remember, Kapalua and Napili are just a 5 minute drive north, while Kahekili is 5 minutes south. Both have parking.

Reply to: swimmable beach honokowai ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted