We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimmable beach honokowai ?

Which Napili-Honokowai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
18 reviews
swimmable beach honokowai ?

I have found what looks like a brilliant unit at honokowai..

is there a beach here or will we need to drive ?

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

In what complex?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
9,427 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

Which place? Some places have small beaches..a lot are ocean front on a sea wall so no beach...many beaches within 10 minutes max. driving.

Alaska
Level Contributor
8,011 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

It would be helpful if you tell us the name if the place. A forum regular loves Nohonani and they snorkel and swim at that beach, but I do not think the beach actually has a name. If you share the name of your condo, you will get better, informed responses. And congrats on finding a place you hope will be good for you. Deb

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
92 reviews
4. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

Easiest way to scope out the beaches/shoreline is Google Maps or similar.

Edited: 9:47 pm, March 25, 2014
seattle
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

I'm very very much about the beach. For the first time in years we are staying on the west side. Years ago we stayed at The Mahana but while the beach is great for walking it was not good for swimming. If you go south and it's kinda a walk you will hit Kahekili Beach. Hope the spelling is right! Anyway it's great for swimming and snorkeling. This next October we are staying at Hoyochi Nikko which I am told and from what I see has a small pocket beach. It doesn't look stellar to me but that's the location our friends picked so we are going to give it a try. We have enjoyed many years at Hale Pau Hana on Kamaole II Beach in Kihei. Love it there. Napili is just up the road from Honokowai and Napili Bay was great the last time we were there.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

Also you can use this website it has aerial views of most on the condo complexes on Maui just click on the free info tab.

www.hawaiirevealed.com

As stated above some of the complexes have a small beach that is usually usable during low tide in the am hours some don't just a sea wall but good beaches are a very short car ride away.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

the unit was in Hoyochi nikko units ? i am now thinking maybe i am better staying in napili at maybe the Mauian condo's ...

what are everyones thoughts

Thanks so much for everyones replies

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

I will be staying there in June and had the same question. It looks to me as if there is a small swimmable beach. No idea of the depth though. If you type in 3901 Lower Honoapiilani Rd in Google earth it gives you a better view of what looks to be a small sandy beach. Here is another view.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

Yes there is a small swimmable beach there but like most of the ones in Honokowai better at low tide in the am. I have heard good things about Hiyochi Nikko and I love the Honokowai area we stayed at Nohonani last June and will be there again in May.

That being said I have also stayed in Napili and it is a bigger beach and have a Leo heard good things about the Mauian too.

When is your trip?

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: swimmable beach honokowai ?

UNCMOM curious as to why they would be better st low tide? Agree most beaches on Maui have better conditions in th am