We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui condo for 2 couples

Which Honokowai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 12
Maui condo for 2 couples

We are planning our first trip to Hawaii for our 50th birthdays. We are going with another couple to Maui and are having trouble finding a beach front condo with 2 king or queen beds in private bedrooms (no Lofts) instead of 1 room with twins. Can any body help?

Any other tips restaurants, boat charters fishing/sailing etc.

melbourne beach...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Maui condo for 2 couples

Check out the Mahana. They have 2 bedrooms. Look on VRBO. You may find what you are looking for. If not, maybe you can push the twins together?

melbourne beach...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Maui condo for 2 couples

Check out this one: http://www.vrbo.com/137898

ON, Canada
reviews: 34
3. Re: Maui condo for 2 couples

Agree, the Mahana 2 bedrooms are a nice size for 2 couples, with each bedroom having a full ensuite bathroom ... but one couple would get an oceanfront bedroom with access to the lanai (access is also from the LR), and the other couple would have a bedroom with mountain views (facing the parking lot). If that's an issue, you might want to consider two studios or two one bedrooms.

Honua Kai (next door to Mahana) will have two bedroom units with king beds in both, and full ensuite bathrooms, possibly with both bedrooms having ocean views.

p.s. here's the layout for the units at the Mahana - one great thing about the 2 bdrm units is that they are at each end of the buildings and have great views not only directly in front, but north or south down the beach (depending on which end of the building the unit is.) http://www.themahana.com/mahana7.htm

Edited: 9:00 am, June 14, 2013
ON, Canada
reviews: 34
4. Re: Maui condo for 2 couples

One additional comment about the 2 bdrm Mahana units ... the laundry area is in the master bedroom.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
5. Re: Maui condo for 2 couples

Hello jjkelly_11!

If you can give the dates you plan to travel and your $ per night budget people will be able to give you more specific help.

I've been looking for accommodations with two master suites too. So far my favorite is Honua Kai. My husband and I stayed in a studio a couple of years ago and loved it. Looks like we can get something nice for about $400 night before taxes and parking so we figure $250 per couple. That is is at the top of both couples' price ranges, but less than we would spend if we each got our own ocean view studio at HK.

We would like to consider some less expensive options too. I don't want to hijack your thread, so I started my own. I've asked for accommodations with 2 master suites and hope we can get a list going that will help other people too.

Good luck with your planning and happy 50th birthdays! I would recommend that you celebrate at Mama's Fish House. tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60636-d4791… Be sure to let them know you are celebrating your special occasions! Also our favorite sailing trip was on the Scotch Mist II, awesome crew! tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60634-d5262… We also loved Trilogy's Discover Lainai day trip! Snorkeling every morning and getting out on the water as much as you can is my best suggestion!

Edited: 11:55 am, June 14, 2013
Music City, USA
reviews: 63
6. Re: Maui condo for 2 couples

I just left Honua Kai yesterday. It's a fantastic property. If you can find a unit in there that meets your needs and budget, you will not be disappointed.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 12
7. Re: Maui condo for 2 couples

WOW it looks amazing!

if it was not booked it would be it!

8. Re: Maui condo for 2 couples

I have stayed at both The Mahana & Hona Kia.....each has there good points. Use VBRO for both...but mainly for The Mahana....some units have been updated, but some have not. If you rent from VBRO you will see pictures and know exactly what your getting.

Bridgewater, New...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Maui condo for 2 couples

We booked Hoholani in Kahana. It's two bedrooms w two lanais. We have not been there yet, we go in two week, but the pictures look great. Got it off of vrbo.

10. Re: Maui condo for 2 couples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 14, 2014