We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luau

Which Honokowai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Petersburg...
reviews: 110
Luau

We are staying in condo in Dec and would like to take in a Luau. How do we arrange this when not staying at a resort? If you've done this would you recommend it? We are traveling for our 40 year wedding anniversary; thinking a Luau would be a great idea but would welcome suggestions.

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 69
11. Re: Luau

Feast of lele is the delux version of the Old Lahaina Luau. They have the same owner Feast of lele has less people and they bring the food to you. Plus you have more varitey of Polynesian dance. Old Lahaina Luau does Hawaiian and Tahitian dance.

You can book it online with Feast of Lele.

The first two weeks of December or quiet in Maui but I would still book well in advance.

It will be a warmer climate at either luau and very often it could be raining in Honokowai and when you get to the luau it is warmer and rarely any wind.

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 110
12. Re: Luau

Thank you for your suggestions and insight; I've not booked yet but am finding all this information extremely helpful. I guess what I'm looking for is a traditional luau with the roasted pig; where you can just walk up and pick at it. In my mind; this is what it is suppose to me; however neither one of us has been to Hawaii at all. I thought a great dance involving the history would be good for us to start our trip off with. Knowing we won't be brought up to stage at OLL makes me want to go here. We chose Maui because the surf is less intense, husband is a surfer but not advance; he likes the waves in Costa Rica and for me I thought Maui would be more fun-filled and less industrial. The luau ..... I wanted one that wasn't like one we went to years ago at Disney at the Polynesian LOL :-) This will be my anniversary gift to him so please keep the suggestions coming. I'll plan to book within 2 weeks. So excited!!

Boston, MA
reviews: 5
13. Re: Luau

Vinnie, Old Lahaina Luau is the one for you. The dancing and story telling are excellent. They also really do a great job of capturing the traditions of luau, including the imu (underground oven) ceremony when they unearth the roasted pig.

Norcal
reviews: 134
14. Re: Luau

The Feast at Lele is really a dinner show with an eclectic menu, separate tables and a Polynesian Revue.

The Old Lahaina Luau is more traditional... a Hawaiian feast with a good and diverse luau buffet menu, shared tables and with dancing that concentrates on Hawaii.

They are very different, but both are excellent and well done..

Orangevale...
reviews: 55
15. Re: Luau

I just wanted to say thank you to all who shared their experiences on the luaus! I was looking to book for my family & your info has helped me decide!

Booked OLL, thanks again TA!!

Edited: 12:35 pm, May 27, 2013
Hillsboro, Oregon
reviews: 112
16. Re: Luau

We have done both- and both for different anniversaries a year apart. Loved them both- mention it is your anniversary when you book. They both added a few nice little extras that made us feel special!

17. Re: Luau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 26, 2014