We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal kingdom standard room

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
Animal kingdom standard room

Are the standard rooms worth booking at AK? The savannah room is out of our budget.

Thanks.

46 replies to this topic
pa
1. Re: Animal kingdom standard room

We have stayed standard room many times. There are plenty of places throughout the Resort, from inside and outside, to enjoy the Animals and the views. Go for it, it's a wonderful Resort

You could always ask at check in if there might be any upgraded rooms available ;)

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
2. Re: Animal kingdom standard room

Hi Partypa, you seem to have been to disney lots. I'm curious... how many times have you been?

Fort Worth
3. Re: Animal kingdom standard room

She can't count that high!

Yes, book the standard room. It's a beautiful resort! Enjoy!

Edited: 8:11 pm, June 07, 2014
pa
4. Re: Animal kingdom standard room

lol

Travel fan is right, I can't count that high ;-)

Kissimmee, Florida
reviews: 102
5. Re: Animal kingdom standard room

yes you should stay at the the animal kingdom resort it is great.

we booked a standard room and when we checked in we got a savannah view upgrade it was so magical to have that happen.

have a magical time!!

Lancaster, United...
reviews: 39
6. Re: Animal kingdom standard room

We couldn't stay at AKL or AKV without staying in a Savanna view room.

Yes there are loads of places to check out in the resorts, but we love those rooms.

On our first ever trip to AKL years ago, long before they added the Villas. DD who "loves" giraffes woke early on our first morning. I think she was 3/4 years old. As DS pushed open the balcony door 5 giraffes were just wandering past our patio no more than 50 feet away:-):-):-)

It felt like you could nearly touch them, whispering everywhere as they were that close, you felt you didn't want to scare them:-):-)

The excitement on her face was worth every penny & she remembers it so well. Every year when we go back, it's one of the first stories she recites, "do you remember when.............." :-):-):-)

So for us, Savanna room view are a must:-):-)

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World
reviews: 77
7. Re: Animal kingdom standard room

I've stayed at five different WDW resorts. I've never had a savannah view room at any of them, but I've thought each room was worth staying in. Know what I mean?

AKL is great. You don't need the top of the line room to enjoy staying there.

I mean, if you're the type of person who can't have a good time knowing other people in the resort are staying in a "better" room, then sure, it might not be worth it to stay there. But if that's not the case, you'll think your standard room in a really great resort is really great. :-)

Edited: 5:01 am, June 08, 2014
Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
8. Re: Animal kingdom standard room

Personally I wouldn't stay at the AKL without booking a Savannah room as without the Savannah view it's just another nice hotel and it's a bit out of the way.

I would sooner stay at one of the Boardwalk hotels to be near EPCOT or SSR to be close to DTD.

Cleverocks:"I've stayed at five different WDW resorts. I've never had a savannah view room at any of them, but I've thought each room was worth staying in. Know what I mean?" No I don't know what you mean as the only place that has savannah rooms is the AKL.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World
reviews: 77
9. Re: Animal kingdom standard room

My point is that a room doesn't need to have a view of animals in order to be worthwhile. Sure, a savannah room at AKL sounds great, but its greatness doesn't diminish how nice other rooms are.

So I was stretching the point that, for example, I had a room at Polynesian that didn't have a view of animals (of course) but that room was still "worth it" even without the view.

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
10. Re: Animal kingdom standard room

OK sorry your point was all a bit above my head!! lol

Reply to: Animal kingdom standard room
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted