We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning trip with autistic children ....

Which Disney World hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec City, Canada
Planning trip with autistic children ....

Someone have any advice for planning a great trip to Walt Disney with my 2 girls one is 6 and the other is 8 (autistic)... Thanks... !!!

Southampton, United...
reviews: 36
1. Re: Planning trip with autistic children ....

Hi, I just wanted to say we took my younger autistic brother a few years ago who was 20 at the time. He handled it all very well. The only time he seemed a bit upset was when the parks got quite busy and in crowds, he just needed to stay very close to one of us. We went at the end of September for two weeks which was a good time to go as the parks don't get that busy.

I'm sure your girls will have a fantastic time :)

pa
2. Re: Planning trip with autistic children ....

Welcome to the Forum

Here is a bit of helpful Info for planning and enjoying your Disney Holiday

http://allears.net/pl/special.htm

When are you visiting and where are you staying ?

liverpool ny
3. Re: Planning trip with autistic children ....

I went to Disney World in December with my 7 year old who has autism. I have to tell you that if you go to Guest services in each park, they will give you a pass to let you bypass the regular lines for most attractions. I could not have done Disney without it.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 36
4. Re: Planning trip with autistic children ....

I didn't know you could get a front of line pass. My brother may come back with us next year. I wonder if they would provide one for him as he'l be 24yrs old and he's not registered disabled.

Quebec City, Canada
5. Re: Planning trip with autistic children ....

We are a the beginning of the planning.. really want to bring the girls to the castle for breakfast and hear that we have to reserve 1 year in advance... We are looking for september 2014. Dont know were to plan to sleep yet !!!

Quebec City, Canada
6. Re: Planning trip with autistic children ....

thanks... for the guest service and the pass.. That could be really helpful !!!!

Edited: 1:42 am, May 26, 2013
Manchester
reviews: 2
7. Re: Planning trip with autistic children ....

Veronique - I assume you are referring to breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. You can reserve this 180 days in advance so about 6 months before. Be sure to call at exactly that date from 7am EST if your heart is set on this interaction. If you don't manage to get it, CRT also does lunch & dinner. We managed to secure this at less than 180 days to our trip for dinner is web booking and I've seen the occasional slot since, so maybe it's not quite as hard to get as it used to be.

You do have to secure it with a credit card but I think you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance so if your travel arrangements are not finalised by then you won't lose money if you need to change it.

Fort Worth
8. Re: Planning trip with autistic children ....

If you can stay on-site at Disney, it will be very helpful for your family. It will allow you to get to the parks early, return to your resort in the afternoon for a much needed break, and go back out in the evening. Extra Magic Hours are for Disney resort guests only, and allow you to visit the parks, when they are less crowded.

As a Disney resort guest you will also be able to book Cinderella's Royal Table before the public. A wonderful perk!

Happy planning!

9. Re: Planning trip with autistic children ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 28, 2014