We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

Providence, Rhode...
reviews: 10
finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

As a graduation gift we are planning to give a week long trip to Disney for our daughter who will be travelling with three friends. We would feel best about a property with transportation to and from the Disney parks and it would also be great if continental or other breakfast was an option at the hotel. We are not really interested in the Disney value resorts but are interested in hearing any other recommendations/options. The group will not be renting a car so I was thinking Lake Beuna Vista might be the best option with Downtown Disney nearby for restaurants etc.. Thanks

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
1. Re: finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

Try one of these, they all have regular buses to the parks and are all within walking distance of DTD & the Crossroads at LBV for restaurants.

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
2. Re: finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

Dont know which ones of those incl breakfast, but think Doubletree does. And has suites with more room.

Otherwise, up the road in the Crossroads/palm parkway area you can look at HI express (on a bus route, probably have shuttles, incl bfast) and Staybridge Suites (not on a bus route, but you can walk to a stop and has shuttles, bfast and some evening food), My choice of these 2 would be staybridge, as larger rooms/suites. The Fairfield is a 3rd option, but has changed brands since I stayed there so don't know abt shuttles bfast. But does have 2 queen rooms with mini kitchen and one bed suites and is very close to Crossroads and other dining options.

Edited: 3:36 pm, March 17, 2013
pa
3. Re: finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

When will they be going ?

What is the budget ?

And just wondering why "not really interested in the Disney Value Resorts" ?

Providence, Rhode...
4. Re: finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

Previous stay at the all star resorts in June was nightmarish....this was quite a few years ago but I don't have good memories about the room, the transportation or much else...figuring that another property might be better for about the same cost...we are trying to keep the hotel and transfer cost to about 400 per guest in a quad room (planning a 7 night stay late in June)

Edited: 4:13 pm, March 17, 2013
pa
5. Re: finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

$1,600 works out to $228.57 per night, they could stay at a Moderate Disney Resort ( a very nice step up from the Value Resorts ) for that. There should be a nice Summer Room Discount for end of June. If they stay at a Disney Resort, they will have free and easy transport to the Parks, they will also have Free Transport from and back to the Airport ( MCO )

Moderate I would suggest is Coronado Springs www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2568966

Edited: 6:04 pm, March 17, 2013
Providence, Rhode...
6. Re: finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

Thanks...hadn't really considered the higher level Disney hotels figuring that they would be too costly...will definitely look at some of the moderate resorts as an option since they would include airport transfers and park transportation making it easier to not worry about the group getting around...thanks again

pa
7. Re: finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

Moderates would be about $195 a night, the New Room Discount should be about 25% off ( if history repeats ) bringing the cost down to about $146. At that savings they could all add the Quick Service Dining Plan and still be within the $400 each budget :)

Connecticut
reviews: 45
8. Re: finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

I am guessing high school graduation, so around 18 yrs old. I would pick onsite for the ease. Once you add in the transfers to a offsite resort it is similar. The Disney resorts shuttles are also right at the entrances of each park, the other resorts are further and not clearly marked. My oldest flew in once a few days later then us at 20 late at night and had no problem getting on The Magical Express to our resort.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 18
9. Re: finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

The DTD hotels are great-we like the Hilton very much-but they don't incude breakfast. I would suggest the ES/Summerfield Suites LBV,one of our favorites or the Marriott Village hotels or the Fairfield Inn LBV(which is different from the FAirfield Inn at the Marriott Village) or the Hawthorn Suites on Palm Parkway.Or the DTD Hilton(they include EMH) and buy breakfast

Providence, Rhode...
10. Re: finding a property with transp to Disney parks w/bkfst

Thanks for all of the ideas...I think that the recommendation for on-site is probably going to be the answer because it will give them ease of access and the parents peace of mind...still trying to work out details so that we can book soon...