We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

Union, New Jersey
Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

i'm overwhelmed with the Character Meal Options- i know we will do one Cinderella Character meal but not sure if there any other ones that are highly recommended?

Can anyone suggest a few choices that you felt were worth it (i.e. food/character/overall experience).

thank you!

Round Rock, Texas
reviews: 3
1. Re: Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

I wasn't impressed by the food at any of our character meals, but the best character experiences we had were at Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare, both for dinner. The characters spent a lot of time with us and my kids were delighted.

New Haven...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

I would probably choose based on what characters she's into. Most of the restaurants are rated similarly in terms of food quality (the character meals are almost all buffets and tend to be considered not as high quality- you go for the characters really).

Favorites for little girls tend to be:

Crystal Palace: This is at MK and it's the Winnie The Pooh crew. I've heard people tend to like this place more than the others. Plus location is great.

Garden Grill: This is at Epcot and it's neat because the entire restaurant slowly slowly slowly revolves (you can't feel it at all) and so you get to see all different scenery throughout dinner. I like this one because it is NOT a buffet so a lot more relaxing- but it is family style (although you only sit with your own family). Characters are Mickey pluto chip and dale.

Hollywood and Vine: this is at DHS and is the playhouse disney characters. People often say this is one the least tasty tho- but some people with kids who are crazy into playhouse disney go here for that reason.

Akershus Breakfast: This is in Norway in Epcot and is all princesses so I think character wise this is one of the best since they are all 'face characters' however I've heard the food is less kid friendly. Still, I think it's all about the interaction.

If it were my daughter, I would probably do Akershus and Crystal Palace. Have fun and good luck planning!!!

New Haven...
3. Re: Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

I forgot about Chef Mickey's- Chef Mickey's is a super 'hot' choice and books really fast so keep that in mind. Atmosphere is really fun- but the food is pretty bad according to most- just typical buffet food.

I like 1900 Park Fare but the Madhatter can be a little scary sometimes to this age group. I used to work at the tea parties at the Grand Floridian with Alice and the mad hatter and there were definitely some scared kids.

Edited: 6:07 pm, February 08, 2013
Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
4. Re: Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

For a 3 year old, pick the one with the characters she likes, the food is secondary to the characters.

Union, New Jersey
5. Re: Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

Thanks for the feeback everyone!

Especially ErinBell- awesome feedback!

New Haven...
6. Re: Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

No prob!! :) Have a great trip!

Round Rock, Texas
reviews: 3
7. Re: Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

FYI, the dinner meal at 1900 Park Fare has Cinderella characters, not Alice in Wonderland characters. The stepsisters at 1900 Park Fare were really awesome.

pa
8. Re: Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare has Mary Poppins, Alice and Mad Hatter

Character Breakfasts are less money than Dinner, if that matters at all. We love our Breakfasts :)

Elk Grove Village...
reviews: 61
9. Re: Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

Our 3 year old daughter loves Chef Mickey for the "fab 5," 1900 Park Fare for dinner with the Cinderella characters, Akershus for breakfast with the Princesses, Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh, Hollywood & Vine for the Disney Jr. characters, and Tusker House for Mickey, Donald and friends. Of those, the adults have enjoyed the food most at Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare and Tusker House. While our kids like Winnie the Pooh, we were so disappointed with the lunch/dinner at Crystal Palace that if we ever go back there it will be for breakfast.

Colorado
reviews: 66
10. Re: Character Meals- which do you suggest for 3 year old girl?

I would take her to the castle at MK they have a princess breakfast that is great for the little girls. I think it cost us two sit down meals on our meal plan though but it is worth it!