We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

typhoon lagoon age restriction?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 2
typhoon lagoon age restriction?

Hi, going in April with 5 yo granddaughter, her first trip! I know if she could swim across shark reef in Typhoon Lagoon it would be one of the highlights of her trip. The official WDW website says any height, but six years old. Has anyone experienced any exceptions to this rule? I am asking not because I dont think rules apply to us, :) but because at our local indoor aquatic center they have 2 large slides with have a height requirement of 48 inches, which she is under by 6 Inches. I asked the guard if there were exceptions and was told if she could swim the length of the olympic pool, unaided (which is over her head from start to finish) she had slide access. Of course she did it, so was now wondering about Shark Reef. Would be such a shame if she cant, she's such a good strong swimmer. Thanks!

pa
1. Re: typhoon lagoon age restriction?

Sorry, no exceptions :(

She will have tons of fun though, even without the reef swim

It will give you reason to go on her 2nd trip, perhaps for her 6th Birthday :-)

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
2. Re: typhoon lagoon age restriction?

I think you'll find if, God forbid, something happened she wouldn't be covered by Disneys insurance if she is underage. Age limits & height restrictions are there for safety reasons. As pp said a good excuse to return for her 6th birthday :)

Williamsville, New...
reviews: 47
3. Re: typhoon lagoon age restriction?

I took my daughter, who was 3 yrs 9 months old, with me to swim in the shark tank last April. Noone asked her age. She wore the snorkel mask & a life preserver.

pa
4. Re: typhoon lagoon age restriction?

Ok then

Thanks for your reply, I am now thinking the OP might be thinking of Discovery Cove not Typhoon Lagoon

I admit I was just reacting to "the rule/policy" not the specific activity or Park

cmargo, are you there ?

Valley Stream, NY
reviews: 33
5. Re: typhoon lagoon age restriction?

https:/…

maybe this will help, though it seems contradictory (it does mention 6-something, but in the text says kids under 10 can swim accompanied by an adult).

be aware the water is ice cold, even in the heat of summer my daughter didn't like it (I know some people don't care, just mentioning it).

Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: typhoon lagoon age restriction?

Hi, im here. Definately not thinking about discovery cove. There, they have to be six to do the dolphin swim, so im saving that for when she is old enough. Im wondering about the Shark Reef attraction within Typhoon Lagoon. Ive swam it with my own children over a decade ago and it is fantastic. But my kids were all 9 or older. I know my 5 yo could handle it easily and would love it, but I think the age restriction will prevent her from participating. I was just wondering if anyone had any actual experience having an exception made for a hardy young swimmer? I certainly dont want to be "THAT" whiny, demanding parent/grandparent on our trip.

pa
7. Re: typhoon lagoon age restriction?

As far as we can tell, she can swim in the reef as Long as You or another Adult swims with her

So all good :)

Chicago, Illinois
8. Re: typhoon lagoon age restriction?

Princess, you beat my response by seconds, lol. But thank you so much, what you said really gives me hope they will let her do it. I couldnt click on the link you posted, it was incomplete, but I am on the mobile TA app, which doesnt function as well as the regular site so it could have been due to that. I hope they allow her to try. We will talkt to her before hand and explain that she may not be allowed to do it, and if

she is allowed the water may be too cold for her to want to, but she will at least be able to view the marine life thru the windows

Valley Stream, NY
reviews: 33
9. Re: typhoon lagoon age restriction?

Your welcome, it does sound as if they'll let her as long as an adult is with her.

Try googling it on your own (i googled age restriction on shark tank in typhoon lagoon).

Hope it works out :)

10. Re: typhoon lagoon age restriction?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 22, 2014