We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning our first trip for April 28th through May 3rd

Nomadic
reviews: 12
Planning our first trip for April 28th through May 3rd

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of planing our first trip to Disney World. We would prefer to stay on site. I am really overwhelmed with all of the options and packages.

We are a party of two adults and three children (9,7,3). What is the best place on site to stay? (I'm a middle of the road traveler. Not looking for the cheapest or most expensive accommodations.) Where are the best places to eat? What passes should I buy? Is the meal plan worth it? Tips and Tricks? Help me please any advice will be awesome. Thank you all in advance!

pa
1. Re: Planning our first trip for April 28th through May 3rd

You have picked a good time to visit, good weather and lower crowds, so well done for that

With 5, your options in the Value Resorts would be the All Star Music Suites or The Art of Animation Suites

For the Moderates there is the Fort Wilderness Cabins and Port Orleans Riverside

Several Deluxe Resorts would also sleep 5 if you want more info on those, let us know

You can of course book 2 standard rooms at any Resort as well

Of those I mention, I can highly Recomend Port Orleans Riverside, it's lovely. We have stayed with 5 and been very comfy

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851271

There is a nice Room Discount at the moment, that always helps

www.wdwinfo.com/discounts.html

I would get at least a 5 day Base Ticket, I don't Recomend the Hopper option, there is plenty to do and see and enjoy in each Park for a Full day. Use the 5th day revisit the Park you all liked best. You will save $250+ by Not adding the Hopper Option

The Dining Plans get a lot of "Not for Me Votes" We however have had it many, many times and it works out quite well, we always get our money's worth and more importantly, we don't have to worry about budget and looking at Menu prices when we sit down to eat, we can all order whatever we want

Here are all the Restaurants and Menus, have a look and add up what you "might" eat and compare the costs. Add up all the snacks and the refillable Resort mugs you would all get, we fill our mugs with more than $10 worth of drinks each day, for each person, those alone are great

wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan-restaurants.h…

I strongly Recomend you book Directly with Disney or with an Official Disney Travel Agent such as

www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

I would get the Resort sorted out and then we can help you plan out the rest of your Magical Adventure :)

Valley Stream, NY
reviews: 33
2. Re: Planning our first trip for April 28th through May 3rd

easywdw.com/worth-2/…

here's a helpful article on dining plans.

we never use the plans (always stay on site, you'll love it!!), we always spend less out of pocket than it would have cost. alcohol and tips are not included. my kids (adults now) and hubby drink water (free) or alcohol. they also don't eat 2 deserts a day, plus later on after dinner we like to get ice cream. we do get a couple of refillable mugs between us (you can purchase them if you think you'll get enough use out of them) if it's summer and we'll be hanging around the pool every day.

whether you use it or not, make reservations for the restaurants you really want to go to. ice water is free at an disney restaurant or counter service or kiosk where available :)

Edited: 7:10 pm, January 20, 2013
3. Re: Planning our first trip for April 28th through May 3rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 22, 2014