We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrowing down Port Orleans Riverside vs Caribbean beach

Texas
Narrowing down Port Orleans Riverside vs Caribbean beach

We will be traveling with 3 1/2 yo girl who is obsessed with princesses and a 13 month old boy.....we have narrowed down to these two resorts....which would you recommend?

Caribbean- our attraction to this one is the pool area with the pirate ship and slide that is perfect for our age group

POR - our attraction to this one is the new Royal Rooms and the fact that this resort gets better reviews in general, but not sure if the pool area at Caribbean outweighs the other perks at POR....

Another question is the bus system at each.... Which is better....

If we decide to stay at POR which area of the resort will be most convenient to stay at in regards to easy access to bus, food, pool?

Boston...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Narrowing down Port Orleans Riverside vs Caribbean beach

well, the 13 month old won't care, although he will have fun in the pool area.

I would ask your daughter would she rather have the fun kids pool or the princess royal room (show her photos of both). You really only sleep in the room and I think you would have more fun at the pool.

I think access to bus, food, and pool would be about the same at both

pa
2. Re: Narrowing down Port Orleans Riverside vs Caribbean beach

I will give my vote to POR

Caribbean Beach is fun and tropical and the New Pool is wonderful but because it is located so close to the Food court area, the Resort always has felt, for us, a bit too crowded and chaotic

Port Orleans Riverside is a much more relaxed Resort, the Main Pool is on it's own little Island, away from the Food Court. We have stayed at POR more times than I can count, I highly Recomend it

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851271

Manchester N.H.
reviews: 2
3. Re: Narrowing down Port Orleans Riverside vs Caribbean beach

Partypa is correct,imo...I'd stay at POR in a heartbeat.

The main pool area is great for kids and adults,as well. There's a hot tub area that's very relaxing,and parts of it are shaded by trees. (ahhhh...my happy place). It's just steps from the bar area,where you can get some shade if need be,or duck out of a sudden rain shower. It's like a huge veranda,with tables.

They have children's activities at the pool,as well.

If you want a quieter place,they do have quiet pools,and in my experience are never crowded. The laundry facilities are in the quet pool are,if you want to pack less,and do some wash. (Even laundry is fun,when you do it at Disney..I kid you not)!! ;+))

(I have not stayed at the Caribbean,so can't vouch for that).

There's also the added convenience of taking a boat to Downtown Disney. Lots of fun,and very relaxing.

Happy planning!

Edited: 2:21 pm, January 20, 2013
Manchester N.H.
reviews: 2
4. Re: Narrowing down Port Orleans Riverside vs Caribbean beach

Here is an excellent site,with great pics of the property! :+)

buildabettermousetrip.com/images/…index.htm

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
5. Re: Narrowing down Port Orleans Riverside vs Caribbean beach

POR. Both children will like either. they are babies and they are with their parents at WDW!!!!

Who is paying? The children (who won't really care) or you? ?You are paying, they won't care, which would you prefer? Sometimes parents stress to much on things that are not important. The children are always happier when their parents are happier. This won't change for about a decade for you (ie teens). Enjoy it while it lasts.

Pick POR, great boat service to DTD. fun for adults and children.

Texas
6. Re: Narrowing down Port Orleans Riverside vs Caribbean beach

Thanks guys!

7. Re: Narrowing down Port Orleans Riverside vs Caribbean beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 23, 2014