We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

HawaiiBlues
reviews: 2
Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

Are the parks really crowded during the evening extra magic hours? I'm trying to plan our itinerary and decide if it's worth it to take advantage of the evening extra magic hours or not...

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
1. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

Sometimes yes, sometimes not. It depends on when you are going. We were there in November and only used EMH's for the MK, the later they are the quieter they are. We were in the MK for EMH from 10pm til 1am by 11.30pm the park was practically empty.

pa
2. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

I agree it might depend on the time of year but we always plan our visit based on the Evening Extra Magic Hours and take advantage of as many as we can. We have had some very Fun and very Uncrowded Evenings. We like having the planned out Park days so we can make Dinner Reservations at the Park or at a Near by Resort Restaurant to the Park of the Day ( or of the night as may be the case :)

Akron, Ohio
reviews: 10
3. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

We have had crowded and not crowed EMH. We rarely do the morning EMH but try to do all the evening ones.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 91
4. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

I think there is something "exciting" about staying late at the park when others cannot. :)

pa
5. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

ZsaZsa, we feel the same and the Parks are More Magical late into the night. Some of our favourite moments have come at 1 or 2 am at the Magic Kingdom :)

HawaiiBlues
6. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

Thanks everyone! We're going to be there next week and MK has extra magic hours from 9-11pm on Sunday (which we will do for sure)...still debating the Hollywood Studios EMH on Monday from 8-10pm.

Manchester N.H.
reviews: 1
7. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

Oh how exciting! Magic Kingdom is a blast at night. The lights are so neat-o! There's something cool about riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (People Mover) at night,too..Good rest for the feet,and great views of the Castle,all lit up!! It's also really special to go on Haunted Mansion,and Pirates of the Caribbean late at night.

(My 2 fav night time "must do" rides.)

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 18
8. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

Last November we arrived at Hollywood Studio, pre- evening EMHs, the place was jammed, you could barely move, the fastpass and regular waits were crazy long and my husband wanted to leave because he did not believe that it was going to be worthwhile. Lo and behold, by 9pm, we were really enjoying ourselves. The place seemed empty and,except for Toy Story mania, we did not have to wait long for anything. I say go for the EMH's! They really are worth it!

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 91
9. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

HawaiiBlues, I think we might be there the same time. We are just doing a wknd (Jan 25-28th) and we plan on taking advantage of the extra hours at MK on Sunday the 27th ourselves. In the past, we stayed off resort and while we walked around a bit, weren't able to stay (due to shuttle hours) and weren't able to go on rides anyways. We normally go over July 4th, however, and the parks were open until midnight or so for everyone and it was fun to just be there that late.

HawaiiBlues
10. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Worth it or not?

Thanks staed...that is really helpful. I was thinking about spending most of the day at Epcot and then heading over to Hollywood Studios about an hour before closing time just to take advantage of the extra magic hours, so that helps confirm my decision.

ZsaZsa, we will be there at the same time! We're staying the 26th-31st. My husband's 30th birthday is Jan. 28, so I'm getting a bit obsessive about trying to make the perfect plans...