We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andrea Bocelli Teatro del Silenzio Concert

Which Volterra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford, England...
Andrea Bocelli Teatro del Silenzio Concert

Hi,

We've just booked 2 tickets for the 2013 Teatro del Silenzio concert. If anyone has been to the concert in previous years, I would really appreciate a bit of advice on the transport arrangements. We have our own car and could park and catch the shuttle bus just outside Lajatico. However, I've heard there are long queues and its a bit of a nightmare. A third party (who we bought the tickets from) is offering a rather expensive shuttle bus with pick up from various nearby towns to the piazza itself. Would you recommend this option or is the bus just outside Lajatico worth considering?

Thankyou

Emma

Surrey, United...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Andrea Bocelli Teatro del Silenzio Concert

Hi Emma,

You may get more responses to your question if you post in the Lajatico forum:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1757553-i20827-…

mesh

Guildford, England...
2. Re: Andrea Bocelli Teatro del Silenzio Concert

Thanks for your advice. I will do that.

3. Re: Andrea Bocelli Teatro del Silenzio Concert

If I were you, drive your car to the big restaurant bus shuttle place, then park it there. After get the bus to lajatico and if you want to stop at that stop. If not stay on the bus, until you reach teatro de silenzio. Then you have to walk two kilometers, so make sure you bring good walking shoes, because last time my shoes got completely ruined. Then you will reach the stage. Last time we waited for 3 hours in line for the 2 kilometer walk to the stage, so bring a picnic, sit on the grass, and enjoy the view from the mountain!!

Collingwood
4. Re: Andrea Bocelli Teatro del Silenzio Concert

We attended last night's teatro del silenzio concert. Although it was a magical evening once we in our seats - the trip there was horrible. It was hot and so crowded. We had a friend drive up to the shuttle bus area and were quite lucky to get on a bus right away. It was fine for the first 10 minutes but a crowded bus - July heat and no air conditioning or fresh air soon turned the bus into an oven. We were then stuck in bumper to bumper traffic ( private cars hired to drive people to the concert) it was a nightmare. There was a revolt on the bus and finally the driver opened the doors and about 75% of the passengers opted to walk the rest of the way. Once again the crowds of people were a bit overwhelming and we walked and waited and walked and waited. We were nervous that we might miss the opening of the concert because we were still walking into the theatre at 830pm while the show was to start at 815pm it didn't end up starting until aboutb9pm. My advice? Arrive early, bring snacks and drinks and dress comfortably. I saw lots of ladies dressed to the nines with high heels and long dresses - very hard to walk that long distance and parts of the road are dirt and have stones.

Palermo, Italy
reviews: 2
5. Re: Andrea Bocelli Teatro del Silenzio Concert

We also experienced problems getting to the amphitheatre after leaving our bus. Zero crowd control, zero assistance from theatre personnel, and basically zero organization by concert personnel. Trying to have thousands of concertgoers enter a gate manned by only two ticket takers is insanity. The way out after the concert was even worse, as there was inadequate or non existent lighting to facilitate the exit of this huge crowd. What a cluster.

Nottinghamshire
reviews: 20
6. Re: Andrea Bocelli Teatro del Silenzio Concert

We have just returned from a weeks holiday in Tuscany which I booked around the Andrea Bocelli concert and I can only say we were more than a little disappointed, yes the area was crowded, if you try and squeeze 11,000 people into an area which is usually home to 1,400 you can expect a certain amount of chaos, we were prepared for this and got there about 6.30 yes it was hot, it is Italy in July, the heat we expected, what we found most disappointing was the content of the show, when I pay and travel all that way to hear Andrea Bocelli sing I don't expect to see a bald old fart wearing a ball gown with his face painted white gliding about on the stage not only once but twice, or a stunted Italian troll named Riccardo somebody with a mediocre voice, the young American singing a song about Philadelphia was good and the bloke on the accordion was also good but I feel there should have been lots more of the man himself, after seeing him in Liverpool last year we were really looking forward to the show. I heard other people who seemed to be of the same opinion as us and would like to hear other reviews.

I can only wonder what will happen if the content of this show is the same when it reaches Glasgow later this year!

If anyone is interested in other aspects of my Tuscan holiday please read my other reviews.

7. Re: Andrea Bocelli Teatro del Silenzio Concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 21, 2014