We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volterra to verona??

Which Volterra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 51
Volterra to verona??

Hi what would be the best way to get Tom Volterra in Tuscany to Verona without driving? Would we have to train or bus it to Milan first then onto Verona or skip Milan ?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
1. Re: Volterra to verona??

It is very difficult to get to or from Volterra without driving. There is no train service, and bus services are sparse.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 52
2. Re: Volterra to verona??

I think you'd have to bus and train to Florence and then you can train on to Verona. It isn't especially easy to get to Florence. This article tells you how to get from Florence to Volterra and has links to timetables, so presumably you will be able to use it to work out how to do it in reverse:

…webs.com/howtogettovolterra.htm

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
3. Re: Volterra to verona??

The bus links within the link supplied by peggypatch are slightly outdated. For current bus times, scroll down on http://www.cpt.pisa.it/orari/extra.htm and click relevant lines, e.g. 500 or 790 to connect with trains at Pontedera or Cecina.

Edited: 7:11 am, January 18, 2013
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
4. Re: Volterra to verona??

Noted - thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 51
5. Re: Volterra to verona??

Thanks heaps guys, we are taking the train from rome to stay in Siena and then catching a bus from Siena to Volterra for a couple days. I'd herd that getting there maybe a bit harder than other places but i will check out the links you have sent thanks

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
6. Re: Volterra to verona??

I'm pretty sure that you have to make a pretty tight change at Colle di Val d'Elsa to get from Siena to Volterra. Check out the busfox website for timetables.

7. Re: Volterra to verona??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 20, 2014